Top Ten Hub art Home Thermostat
Smart Home Thermostats are one of the best smart devices that give you a lot of comforts and are fully automated. Like other smart devices, Smart Thermostats are also able to connect to the internet. The best smart home thermostats are all able to connect to the internet using your in-home Wi-Fi network and do not require ethernet cables.
Smart devices are so popular because they reduce the number of human errors. Smart Thermostats do the same and reduce human errors, as well. For example, if you leave your home and forget to turn off the smart thermostat. You do not need to worry, because smart thermostats sense that you are not at home and turn themselves off automatically.
Smart thermostats are huge energy savers and will save you a lot of money. As we try to be greener every day, smart home devices help us a lot. Smart home thermostats let you control them from wherever you want, even if you are on the other side of the world. The scheduling feature of a smart thermostat lets you automatically control your home’s temperature throughout different times of the day. You install the smart thermostat in your home and forget about it. We have recommended the best smart thermostat 2019 for you.
Top 10 Best Smart Home Thermostat: Our Picks and Recommendations
- Best Overall Smart Home Thermostat: Google T3007ES Nest Smart Home Thermostat
- Best Room Sensor Smart Home Thermostat: Ecobee Smart Home Thermostat
- Best Learning Smart Home Thermostat: Google T3021US Nest Learning Smart Home Thermostat
- Best Budget Smart Home Thermostat: Honeywell Home (RTH6580WF) Programmable Smart Home Thermostat
- Best Touchscreen Smart Home Thermostat: Honeywell (RTH9580WF) Touchscreen Wi-Fi Smart Home Thermostat
- Best 3rd generation Smart Home Thermostat: Google T3016US Nest 3rd Gen Smart Home Thermostat
- Best DIY Smart Home Thermostat: Emerson Sensi Wi-Fi Smart Home Thermostat
- Best HD Display Smart Home Thermostat: Emerson Sensi Touch Wi-Fi Smart Home Thermostat
- Best Programmable Smart Home Thermostat: Honeywell TH9320WF5003 Wi-Fi Programmable Smart Home Thermostat
- Best Hub Smart Home Thermostat: Hive Heating and Cooling Smart Home Thermostat Pack
Things to Consider Before Buying a smart home thermostat
There are two types of thermostats that come into question when choosing a smart thermostat. One is a programmable thermostat that does everything a smart thermostat does except for the fact that it does not connect to the internet. But still, it will be able to sense if you are away or home. Programmable thermostats are a lot cheaper than smart thermostats.
Scheduling and routine features
There are different varieties of features that come with smart thermostats of different companies. Before buying a smart thermostat, you need to ensure it has the features you are looking for. For example, the scheduling feature lets you set parameters that enable the smart thermostats to select different temperatures at different times of the day automatically.
Motion Sensing and Geofencing
There are two ways different smart thermostats can tell if you are home or away. There is the motion-sensing ability that senses if you are home or away through your movements. Then there is the geofencing ability that detects if your phone is nearby or far from your home. With these two features, different smart thermostats determine if they should automatically turn on or turn off.
Here are our picks for the best ten smart home thermostat devices.
Best Overall Smart Home Thermostat
- It detects when you are home and when you are away.
- The thermostat automatically turns off to save energy.
- The smart thermostat learns the best way to control the temperature in your home.
- It connects with your Wi-Fi to give you full control through your smartphone.
- It works with Amazon’s Alexa for voice control.
Google is the most renowned search engine of all time. Now, they are making a name for themselves in the tech industry, more precisely, in the smart devices industry as well. With the new Nest T3007ES Smart Home Thermostat, they are revolutionizing the smart thermostat market. This is why this is the best overall smart home thermostat on our list.
When you buy and set up this thermostat in your home, it learns the atmosphere in your house. After a few days of usage, it will automatically learn the best way to cool or warm your house and also keep an eye on the weather so that your home always stays on the optimal temperature.
It will save you a lot of money with its top of the line energy-saving capabilities. The nest T3007ES will automatically detect when you are away from your home and turn it off. It will never unnecessarily heat or cool an empty home unless you command it to through your smartphone.
Best Room Sensor Smart Home Thermostat
- The smart green thermostat saves you a lot of money.
- It saves energy and power.
- It will pay for itself in two years.
- The thermostat comes with a separate room sensor for increased effectivity.
- It is very easy to install.
Ecobee focuses on saving your money with their green Smart Home Thermostat. With their Smart Thermostat, you will be expected to save 23% of electricity bills on heating and cooling your home. These statistics ensure the Ecobee4 Smart Home Thermostat pays for itself in 2 years. This advanced power saving is possible due to its superior room sensing capabilities. That is why it is the best room sensor smart home thermostat on our list.
The Ecobee4 Smart Home Thermostat comes with a separate room sensor, and more can be bought separately. These sensors ensure the thermostat can detect the activity in the room more effectively and adapt accordingly. The sensors detect two things; the occupancy of the room and the temperature of the room.
This smart thermostat is very easy to install. You do not need an expert’s help, and you can install it by yourself in 30 minutes following the easy instructions. You can follow the instruction guide that comes with the thermostat or follow the in-app walkthrough, as well.
Best Learning Smart Home Thermostat
- It learns the outline of your home.
- It learns the weather in your area.
- The Nest Thermostat automatically programs itself to your optimal temperature.
- The Nest Smart Thermostat has a home and away assist feature.
- The device can connect to your Wi-Fi.
Every home needs to be warmed or cooled differently than one another. Room size and the weather of your area matters a lot when monitoring the temperature of your home. The Nest Learning Smart Home Thermostat teaches itself this early-on when you install the device. After it has taken these factors into consideration, it learns the best way to get you the temperature you want whenever you want it. That is why Google T3021US is the best learning smart home thermostat is our list.
Other popular features are also available on the Google T3021US Nest Learning Smart Home Thermostat. It has the auto-schedule feature that automatically learns the temperature you are comfortable in and programs itself accordingly. It also has the home and away assists feature in ensuring it is not regulating the temperature of an empty home.
You can connect the Nest Learning Smart Home Thermostat to the Wi-Fi and control the temperature from your smartphone, tablet, or your laptop as well.
Best Budget Smart Home Thermostat
- It is the best budget smart home thermostat under $100.
- It can be programmed to maintain different schedules.
- The programmable thermostat connects to your Wi-Fi.
- The thermostat can be controlled remotely from your smartphone.
- It can view the local websites for the local weather update.
Not everyone can afford a $200++ smart thermostat, but everyone deserves to save energy with a nice, energy-saving thermostat. That is why we have Honeywell Home (RTH6580WF) Programmable Smart Thermostat in our list as the best budget smart home thermostat. This is the best smart home thermostat under $100.
Programmable thermostats can be programmed manually to set different temperatures at different times of the day, as well at different days. The Honeywell Home Programmable Thermostat can be programmed to schedule 7 days a week, and four different periods per day.
Usually, programmable thermostats do not offer the option to connect to your Wi-Fi and be remotely controlled. But the Honeywell Home Programmable Thermostat can be connected to your Wi-Fi, and you can control it from your smartphone.
It also has the ability to see the local weather from local web portals or apps. It uses the Wink App to view the weather. You can also use the Wink App to control it remotely. However, it does not require a Wink Hub to function.
Best Touchscreen Smart Home Thermostat
- The color of the touchscreen layout can be changed.
- You have a lot of color options to choose from.
- It has programmable scheduling features.
- The touchscreen can be locked using passwords.
- You can control it from your smartphone.
If you are a big fan of the Honeywell touchscreens of their thermostat, do not worry. They have the best touchscreen smart home thermostat that we have included in our list for the touchscreen lovers.
The touchscreen has an advanced locking feature that allows you to lock the touchscreen so that it cannot be changed by anyone other than you. You can also control the Smart Thermostat using your smartphone, tablet, laptop, or your voice as well. It works with Amazon’s Alexa to give you’re the ability to control it with your voice.
The touchscreen layout can change color to match with your interior decorations. It has a wide option of colors for you to choose from.
The Honeywell (RTH9580WF) Touchscreen Wi-Fi Smart Home Thermostat has all the other features that make highly efficient thermostats. You can save energy and annual heating and cooling costs with their programmable scheduling features.
Best 3rd generation Smart Home Thermostat
- The Smart Thermostat is a 3rd
- It saves a lot of energy and power.
- You can choose from four stylish colors.
- It has far sight technology.
- The display can be read from far away.
Nest brings the first 3rd generation learning smart home thermostat. It is compatible with all the latest versions and works with the Nest App. It is the best 3rd generation smart home thermostat on our list.
The 3rd generation Nest Smart Thermostat is a big energy saver. It learns your habits and automatically adjusts the temperature to your likings, and also saves you money in the process.
The display on the smart thermostat is readable from far away, thanks to the far sight technology. You can read the display from all the way on the other side of the room. It also gives you the option to choose from a digital or analog clock face on the screen.
You can choose from four colors when buying the Nest 3rd gen Smart Home Thermostat. The colors you get to choose from are Copper, Stainless Steel, Black, and White.
Best DIY Smart Home Thermostat
- It is very easy to install.
- You do not need to get the expert installation.
- You can set it up within 30 minutes.
- The thermostat saves a lot of energy and money.
- It is compatible with all common devices.
We know that the expert installation option from amazon costs a lot, and everyone cannot afford it. Emerson Sensi kept that in mind and created its bestselling smart thermostat yet. It is really easy to install by yourself, and that is why it is the best DIY smart home thermostat on our list.
It is compatible with all the most common devices and HVAC equipment that we usually have in our home. It can connect with your home’s Wi-Fi router to grant you extensive control through your smartphone.
Save energy with the Emerson Sensi Wi-Fi Smart Home Thermostat as it has all the best energy-saving features. It has the 7-day flexible schedule feature that allows the thermostat to learn your habits and warm or cool the room accordingly. It also has the geofencing feature that ensures that the thermostat is never regulating the temperature of the room when you are not around.
Best HD Display Smart Home Thermostat
- The smart thermostat has a full HD display.
- You can read the display from the other side of the room.
- It has the scheduling feature.
- You can monitor the energy usage of the thermostat.
- It is very easy to install by yourself.
People complain that the displays of their thermostats are hard to read. Emerson Sensi comes with a new smart home thermostat that has an HD display of tackling this problem. You can read the contents on display from miles away. We have selected this as the best HD display smart home thermostat on our list.
It requires a C-Wire to function its systems effectively. Other than that, the smart thermostat is compatible with most HVAC equipment commonly found in homes.
Utilize the flexible scheduling system to save energy and money on electricity for heating and cooling your home. It also provides an energy usage report that you can use to determine the cost the thermostat uses to cool or heat your home.
It is very easy to install, and you do not need to spend money on expert installation. You can install it yourself following the installation guide within 10 minutes.
Best Programmable Smart Home Thermostat
- It is the best programmable smart thermostat.
- The thermostat comes with five years limited warranty.
- It connects to your Wi-Fi router.
- You can control it even when you are away.
- You do not need professional help to install it.
The Honeywell TH9320WF5003 is a full package when it comes to the features it delivers as a programmable smart home thermostat. Other than the features, it also comes with a 5-year limited warranty, making it the best programmable smart home thermostat on our list.
The Honeywell TH9320WF5003 Wi-Fi Programmable Smart Home Thermostat is a colored touchscreen smart thermostat. It can handle five heating and cooling systems simultaneously, which should be more than enough for your entire home.
The Smart Home Thermostat connects to your home’s Wi-Fi router network and gives you control over the thermostat even when you are away. You can use the Total Connect Comfort app to control the smart device remotely.
You can install it yourself without the help of any tools. You do not need to spend any extra money on professional help when installing this smart thermostat.
Best Hub Smart Home Thermostat
- The pack includes a smart home hub.
- You can connect other devices to the Hub as well.
- It can sense when you come home or leave home.
- You can control the Hive devices from your smartphone.
- The thermostat can be controlled using your voice.
The Hive Heating and Cooling Smart Home Thermostat Pack come with a Hive Hub that you can use to install other Hive devices as well. Out of the Box, the pack includes a Smart Thermostat and a Smart Home Hub. That is why we have chosen this as our best hub smart home thermostat.
You can connect the thermostat to the hub that has Hive door sensors connected to it. This way, the thermostat can sense when you are home and get to work immediately. Alternatively, it can also sense when you leave the house and turn off as well.
You can control all your Hive devices by connecting the Hive hub to the internet from your smartphone, tablet, or laptop. Hive devices can connect to voice assistants like Alexa and Google Assistant to grant you voice control.
These were the overview of the best smart thermostat 2019, according to us. After some extensive quality testing, these products stood out of the crowd. These smart home thermostat reviews were done after several layers of functional testing, and we truly believe they will provide value to our readers.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Question: What is the difference between a smart thermostat and a programmable thermostat?
Answer: Smart Thermostats provides all the features of a top thermostat and smart device. Programmable thermostats do not provide the features of smart devices. You can not voice control programmable thermostats.
Question: What are some of the smart thermostat benefits?
Answer: Smart thermostats have a lot of benefits. They save a lot of energy and money as they are fully automated.
Question: Which is the best wifi thermostat?
Answer: Honeywell (RTH9580WF) Touchscreen Wi-Fi Smart Home Thermostat is one of the best Wi-Fi thermostats out there.