Top Ten Echo and Alexa Devices Review for 2021
Amazon Echo and Alexa devices are the leading smart voice assistants in the market right now. You need to be living under a rock to not hear about the smart devices by Amazon.
Amazon Echo devices are the centre of all their smart devices because you control all the other smart devices through these devices. Amazon Alexa devices are smart devices that are controllable through Amazon’s signature voice assistant named Alexa.
Amazon has released a wide variety of Echo and Alexa devices over the year for its customers base with ever-varying needs. So, it is ok to feel lost when you are not sure which device is best for you and your requirements. We are here to make sure you buy the Echo or Alexa device that meets your needs and fulfils your requirements.
We have made a list of the top ten Echo and Alexa devices. We have also included an Echo and Alexa device buying guide to walk you through our thought process while selecting the best Echo and Alexa devices for you.
Top 10 Best Amazon Echo and Alexa Devices: Our Picks and Recommendations
Things to Consider Before Buying an Amazon Echo and Alexa Devices
Over the years, Amazon has released a wide array of devices that controls your smart home from your voice commands. All these products are made to fulfil the needs of customers with different budgets, needs, backgrounds, and much more. Different Echo and Alexa devices fulfil different needs and cater to customers of varying requirements. Here are the criteria we looked at when selecting the best ten Amazon Echo and Alexa devices.
- The Quality of the Speaker
Most Alexa devices that follow your voice commands and control your smart home are smart speakers. When selecting speakers, of course, we have to look at the audio quality, which was a big factor for our selection of the best devices.
- The Price Range
Amazon has Echo and Alexa devices of widely varying price ranges to meet the needs of different levels of customers. While the expensive device has the best features, we considered the price as one of the factors while choosing the best as well.
- The User-friendliness
Smart devices are supposed to make your life easier. That is why how user-friendly and easy to use smart devices is plays a huge part when selecting the best.
Top Ten Amazon Echo and Alexa Devices
Best Overall Amazon Echo and Alexa Devices
Amazon Echo Studio Smart Home Speaker
Echo Studio - High-fidelity smart speaker with 3D audio and Alexa
- Immersive sound – 5 speakers produce powerful bass, dynamic midrange, and crisp highs. Dolby Atmos technology adds space, clarity, and depth.
- Ready to help - Ask Alexa to play music, read the news, and answer questions.
- Voice control your music - Stream songs from Amazon Music, Apple Music, Spotify, Pandora, Tidal, and more. With Amazon Music HD, listen to 70 million songs in the highest quality audio formats available: HD, Ultra HD, and 3D formats like Dolby Atmos.
- Adapts to any room - Automatically senses the acoustics of your space, fine-tuning playback for optimal sound.
- Built-in smart home hub - Ask Alexa to control Zigbee-compatible devices.
- The sound quality of the speaker is outstanding.
- The speaker produces an immersive 3D sound effect.
- It acts as a smart home hub.
- It has all the Amazon Alexa features.
- You can stream your favourite music and movies.
When it comes to the smart home speakers that allow you to control your entire home and is the best quality speakers in terms of sound, the Echo Studio dominates the market. It is the best Overall Amazon Echo and Alexa Devices.
The speaker itself produces an immersive 3D sound that is nothing like you have experienced before. It has five speakers that are strategically placed to make it felt like you have to surround sound like in-home theatres. It supports Dolby Atoms that gives it all the depth and clarity it needs.
It has a built-in smart home hub that acts as the centre for all your smart devices. It is compatible with almost all smart devices and can control them using as your voice assistant. You can use the Alexa that is built-in in the device to do anything the smart features allow, like streaming your favourite music or movie and controlling your home.
Best Indoor Cam Amazon Echo and Alexa Devices
Amazon Ring Indoor Cam Smart Home Camera
Ring Indoor Cam, Compact Plug-In HD security camera with two-way talk, Works with Alexa - White
- Compact plug-in indoor camera that lets you see, hear and speak to people and pets from your phone, tablet, or select Echo device.
- Watch over your entire home by connecting one or multiple Indoor Cams to all your Ring devices in the Ring app.
- With a Ring Protect Plan (subscription sold separately), record all your videos, review what you missed for up to 60 days, and share videos and photos.
- With Live View, you can check in on your home any time through the Ring app.
- Easily setup your Indoor Cam by plugging into a standard outlet and connecting to Wi-Fi.
- You can view the live stream of your home.
- With a subscription, you can watch the playbacks.
- You can see and even hear what the camera sees and hears.
- It supports two-way talk.
- You can talk to people or pets in front of the camera.
Amazon has all sorts of devices to make your life easier and tension free. The Amazon Ring Indoor Cam Smart Home Camera is one such device that is the biggest stress reliever you can get. It is the best indoor cam amazon Echo and Alexa device on your list.
You can use the Ring Indoor Cam to check on your home from anywhere in the world. You can see, hear and even talk to anyone in front of the camera as it has a two-way talk feature. This means the camera has a mic and a speaker built-in.
It lets you view the live stream of the camera’s view for free. For a subscription of $3 per month, you can even playback the recordings and check anything that you might have missed.
Best Soundbar Amazon Echo and Alexa Devices
Nebula Soundbar Smart Home Device
Nebula Soundbar – Fire TV Edition, 4K HDR Support, 2.1 Channel, Built-In Subwoofers, Voice Remote with Alexa
$179.99 in stock
3 used from $112.31
- FIRE TV EDITION: Nebula Soundbar – Fire TV Edition brings cinematic sound and powerful streaming to any TV by combining a 2.1 channel soundbar with a Fire TV 4K streaming media player built-in. No additional Fire TV streaming device needed.
- BIG SOUND: A 2.1 channel design immerses you in moment by combining 2 speakers and 2 subwoofers to create 100W of room-filling cinematic sound.
- 4K HDR SUPPORT: Enjoy breathtaking picture quality with access to 4K Ultra HD streaming at up to 60fps, Dolby Vision, HDR, and HDR10+. A 4K TV is required to access 4K streaming.
- ENDLESS ENTERTAINMENT: With a Fire TV 4K streaming media player built-in, choose from over 500,000 movies and TV episodes. Enjoy favorites from Netflix, YouTube, Prime Video, STARZ, SHOWTIME, CBS All Access, and more. Subscriptions fees may apply.
- VOICE REMOTE WITH ALEXA: Use the included Voice Remote with Alexa to control your soundbar and compatible TV functions like power, volume, navigation, and playback. Press the microphone button and ask Alexa to find your favorite content.
- It acts as both a soundbar and an Alexa device at the same time.
- The design of the soundbar is fantastic.
- The sound quality of the soundbar is great.
- It has a voice search for the Fire TV.
- The subwoofer in the device enhances the bass of the soundbar.
Amazon is releasing new and improved Fire TV streaming devices consistently, and their new Nebula Soundbar Smart Home Device is something to behold. Just as the name suggests, it is a soundbar, but it is integrated with Alexa to allow you to control the Fire TV sets using voice assistants. That is why it is the best soundbar Amazon Echo and Alexa Devices.
Among the other Fire TV devices, the Nebula Soundbar Smart Home Device is the best because it acts as an audio device as well. It provides the features of a Fire TV device and the feature of a soundbar both together, making it one of the handiest smart devices you can own.
The audio of the Nebula Soundbar Smart Home Device is much better than the standard Amazon Echo and Alexa devices. It also has a subwoofer built in the device to enhance the bass. Overall, it is a complete soundbar and an Alexa device.
Best Lamp Amazon Echo and Alexa Devices
Echo Glow Smart Home Device
Echo Glow - Multicolor smart lamp for kids, a Certified for Humans Device – Requires compatible Alexa device
$19.99 in stock
- A smart lamp for kids - Pair with any compatible Alexa device to control color and brightness with your voice.
- Certified for Humans - Struggle-free, tinker-free, stress-free. No patience needed—it's actually simple.
- Make family routines colorful - Create lighting cues that help with counting down to dinnertime or setting a reading timer.
- Kids can create and choose - Give kids the freedom to add color and fun lighting while playing or listening to music.
- Unlock the magic of Rainbow Timer - As the colors of the rainbow change, kids get a visual reminder that can help morning and bedtime routines stay on track.
- The Echo Glow is totally portable.
- It changes colour with voice assistance to set the mood.
- Its unique feature allows you to maintain your routine.
- You can connect it to Amazon Echo devices.
- It can only access age-appropriate content.
Amazon takes smart lights to the next level with its new and portable Echo Glow Smart Home Device. It is a smart lamp that changes to any colour you order it to use voice assistants. After we took all its versatile features into account, it is easily the best lamp on Amazon Echo and Alexa Devices on our list.
The Echo Glow Smart Home Device has a unique feature that allows your junior to maintain their routine more effectively. It changes the colour that acts as light cues to allows your children to keep their routine on track.
You can connect it to other Amazon Echo and Alexa devices. When you connect it to other Echo Devices, it changes colour with the Echo device. When connected to Echo devices with Amazon FreeTime enabled, it can only access age-appropriate content, so you can get that peace of mind you deserve.
Best Earbud Amazon Echo and Alexa Devices
Echo Buds Smart Home Device
All-new Echo Buds (2nd Gen) | Wireless earbuds with active noise cancellation and Alexa | Black
- Dynamic audio and active noise cancellation (ANC) - Premium speakers deliver crisp, balanced sound. Sealed in-ear design and ANC limit background noise.
- Compact and comfortable - Echo Buds are small, light, and sweat-resistant, with a secure, customizable fit that's made to move with you.
- Hands-free entertainment - Echo Buds work with the Alexa app to stream music, play podcasts, and read Audible audiobooks—just ask.
- Long-lasting battery - Get up to 5 hrs music playback per charge and up to 15 hrs with the charging case. A 15-min quick charge provides up to 2 hrs of music.
- Leave your phone in your pocket - Use your voice to make calls, set reminders, add items to your shopping list, or even start a meditation session.
- The earbuds are wireless.
- The Echo Buds run for 5 hours per charge.
- It runs for 2 hours on a 15 minutes quick charge.
- The charging case can charge the buds to run for 20 hours more.
- It supports voice assistants like Alexa, Siri, and Google Assistant.
Wireless earphones have taken the market by storm. More and more people are opting to use earbuds every day instead of regular earphones. If you are not an iPhone user, finding a decent earbud is a pain.
Amazon released its new Echo Buds Smart Home Device, and it now rivals the iPhone’s AirPods. It is the Best earbud amazon Echo and Alexa device on our list.
The Echo Buds Smart Home Device is wireless and is even charged when you keep it in its container. The earbuds themselves run for 5 hours per charge, and the container or the charging case can keep them running for another 20 more hours. The Echo Buds’ battery life is unmatched right now. The earbuds run for 2 hours for a mere 15 minutes charge.
You can access Alexa, Siri, or even Google Assistant from the Echo Buds Smart Home Device. You can find other voice assistants from the earbuds to control the other smart home devices that you own.
Best Eyeglass Amazon Echo and Alexa Devices
Echo Frames Smart Home Device
Echo Frames (2nd Gen) | Smart audio glasses with Alexa | Classic Black with new blue-light-filtering lenses
$209.99 in stock
- Hands-Free with Alexa - Make calls, listen to podcasts or Audible books, set reminders, add to your to-do lists, get the news, or control your smart home.
- Open-ear audio - Echo Frames direct sound to your ears while minimizing what others can hear. Plus, they can adjust volume based on the noise level of your environment.
- VIP Filter - Customize which notifications to receive from the contacts and apps on your phone that matter most to you.
- All-day wear - Echo Frames are lightweight, IPX4 splash-resistant for water and sweat, with versatile style.
- Battery life - Get over 2 hours of talk time, Alexa interactions, and media playback over a 14-hour day. Or, up to 4 hours of nonstop listening on a full charge.
- You can adjust prescription lenses to the Echo Frame.
- The frame has a built-in Alexa voice assistant.
- You can control your home with these glasses.
- It has open-ear technology.
- It has the VIP filter feature to reduce unnecessary notifications.
Amazon has brought out this new product for people who wear spectacles so that they can carry Alexa with them where ever they go. The Echo Frame has not only Alexa but also built-in speakers as well so that you can hear Alexa talking back as well. It is the best Eyeglass Amazon Echo and Alexa Devices.
The Echo Frames Smart Home Device has a new and unique technology called open-ear technology. With the open-ear technology, you can hear what Alexa from the frame says without having any earphones or earbuds in your ear. The speakers produce the sound in such a way that it is directed to your ear.
Of course, you do not want to be blasted with notifications every moment with the glasses on. The glasses have a VIP filter feature that allows only the contacts and apps authorize to send notifications to you.
Best Router Amazon Echo and Alexa Devices
Amazon Eero Mesh Wi-Fi Router Smart Home Device
Amazon eero mesh WiFi router
- Fast standalone router - The eero mesh WiFi router brings up to 1,500 sq. ft. of fast, reliable WiFi to your home.
- Works with Alexa - With eero and an Alexa device (not included) you can easily manage WiFi access for devices and individuals in the home, taking focus away from screens and back to what’s important.
- Easily expand your system - With cross-compatible hardware, you can add eero products as your needs change.
- Works with your internet service provider - Eero connects to your modem to bring your existing internet connection to every corner of your home.
- Set up in minutes - The eero app walks you through setup in less than 10 minutes and allows you to manage your network from anywhere.
- The Eero Mesh Wi-Fi Router is very aesthetic.
- You do not need to hide the router out of sight.
- It covers a radius of 1500 sq. Ft.
- It can be controlled using the Eero app from Android and iOS phones.
- It does not leave any dead spots within the 1500 sq. Ft. radius.
Amazon has expanded its horizon with the new Amazon Eero Mesh Wi-Fi Router Smart Home Device. The Wi-Fi router is super aesthetic and does not need to be hidden away out of sight like most other routers.
You can place it right in your living room, and it will cover 1,500 sq. Ft. Around itself. It can be even added to the Eero Wi-Fi system, and it will act as a range extender. It is the best router Amazon Echo and Alexa device on our list.
The Amazon Eero Mesh Wi-Fi Router Smart Home Device is compatible with Alexa and can be voice-controlled like other smart home devices. You can download the Eero app on your android or iOS phone and control the router remotely from anywhere you want.
It connects your entire home so that you can say goodbye to the dead zones that do not receive any network connection. This enables you to surf, stream, or game from anywhere within 1500 sq. ft. The radius of the router without any speed drops. It is the best router under $100 in the market right now.
Best Plug-in Amazon Echo and Alexa Devices
Echo Flex Smart Home Device
MoKo WiFi Smart IR Remote Controller,Smart Home Infrared Remote Controller Perfectly Match Echo Flex Universal Control TV Air Conditioning Electric Fan Heater Work with Alexa & Google Assistant, White
$14.99 in stock
- 【Compatibility】: Widely Compatible with Amazon Echo (1st Gen.), Echo Plus (1st Gen.), Echo (2nd Gen.), Echo Plus (2nd Gen.), Echo Dot (1st Gen.), Echo Dot (2nd Gen.), Echo Dot (3nd Gen.), Echo Input, Echo Spot, Echo Show 5, Echo Show (1st Gen.), Echo Show (2nd Gen.), Echo Flex; Google Home, Google Home Mini. Perfectly Match Your Echo Flex, please note ONLY IR Remote Controller included. Echo Flex should be purchased separately.
- 【APP Remote Control & Voice Control】: Anytime and anywhere, enjoy more flexible control of your home appliance via linking infrared remote controller. Complete hands-free control by means of simple voice commands to remotely control most infrared control device. Such as TV, Air Conditioning, Electric Fan, Heater, Air Purifier, Projector etc. Requires Android 4.4/iOS 8.0 Above and 2.4GHz WiFi ONLY.
- 【360° IR Radiation Range】: Broadly control the infrared devices within 14m diameter range (up to 7m infrared distance), can use in most of the living rooms and bedrooms with wide range, meet the needs of the most families.
- 【DIY Learning Function】: If you cannot find IR device brand in [Smart Life] APP, this WiFi smart IR remote controller can Learn and copy the same function from original remote.
- 【Technical Specifications】: Power Input: DC 5V/1A; IR Frequency: 38-56kHz; Infrared Distance: 7M; Range Coverage: 360°; Max Current: 110mA; Max Power: 0.55W; Wireless Standard: WIFI 2.4G 802.11 b/g/n; Material: ABS+PC; Operating Temperature: -10℃ - 50℃; Operating Humidity: ≤85%RH.
- It is the cheapest Echo Device.
- It plugs indirectly in the wall sockets.
- It has a USB port built-in the device.
- You can connect lights and motion sensors to it.
- You can make announcements to other Echo smart speakers in your home.
The Echo Flex is by far the cheapest Echo device you can get. It is a smart speaker that plugs indirectly on your wall socket and hangs on the wall. It is cheap, but it still has all the features of the standard Echo devices. It is the best plug-in Amazon Echo and Alexa Devices on our list. It is the best Echo device under $30.
Other than being a cheap alternative to the other Echo smart speakers. It can also allow you to add Alexa to places where you would have smart speakers. For instance, in your bathroom or the garage.
You will not have an Amazon Echo Smart Speaker in your bathroom, but you can plug in this cheap device on any of the spare sockets in the garage, and you will have Alexa to help open and close the garage door with your voice command.
One handy little feature of the Echo Flex Smart Home Device is that it has a built-in USB port. That means you can charge your phone or add lights and motion sensors to the socket even if the Echo Flex is using the space.
Best Car Amazon Echo and Alexa Devices
Echo Auto Smart Home Device
Echo Auto- Hands-free Alexa in your car with your phone
- Add Alexa to your car - Connects to the Alexa app on your phone and plays through your car’s speakers via auxiliary input or your smartphone’s Bluetooth connection. Includes Vent Mount.
- Designed for the road - With 8 microphones and far-field technology, Echo Auto can hear you over music, A/C, and road noise.
- Go beyond radio - Voice control Echo Auto through the Alexa app to stream from Audible, Amazon Music, Apple Music, Spotify, SiriusXM, and radio stations with TuneIn and iHeartRadio.
- Just ask - Use your voice to play music, check the news, make calls, add to your to do-list, set reminders, pay for gas, and more.
- Do More with Auto Mode – Turn your phone into a driver-friendly display that complements your Echo Auto. See what's playing and save time with easy-touch shortcuts to your favorite places, people, and content.
- You do not need to touch your smartphone with the Echo Auto in your car.
- It is small enough to be hidden away in the tight spots in your car.
- It can hear you even through loud noises.
- It can stream any music or podcast of your choice.
- It can be used to control the smart home devices of your home.
Many road accidents occur every year due to the usage of smartphones in the car while driving. Amazon looks to tackle this matter with its new Echo Auto Smart Home Device. You can add this to your car, and you do not need to touch your smartphone to talk to Alexa. This is the best car, the Amazon Echo, and the Alexa device on our list.
The Echo Auto Smart Home Device is small enough to fit anywhere in your car. You can tuck it away between seats or attach it to the air vent. It is specially designed to be able to hear you over the noise of traffic; you’re A/C or even loud music.
You do not need to rely on the radio anymore. With the Echo Auto Smart Home Device, you can play any music, podcast, or channel with a simple voice command. You can use it to control another smart device in your home remotely, as well.
Best Display Amazon Echo and Alexa Devices
Echo Show Smart Home Device
Certified Refurbished Echo Show 8 -- HD smart display with Alexa – stay connected with video calling - Charcoal
$94.99 in stock
- A Certified Refurbished Echo Show 8 is refurbished, tested, and certified to look and work like new and comes with the same limited warranty as a new device.
- Alexa can show you more - With an 8" HD screen and stereo sound, Alexa can help manage your day at a glance.
- Connect with video calling and messaging - Call friends and family who have the Alexa app or an Echo device with a screen. Make announcements to other devices in your home.
- Be entertained - Ask Alexa to show you movie trailers, TV shows, movies, or the news. Or listen to radio stations, podcasts, and audiobooks.
- Control your smart home - Voice control compatible devices or manage them on the easy-to-use display. Ask Alexa to show you security cameras, control lights, and adjust thermostats.
- The Echo Show has an 8” display.
- It has a stereo sound system.
- You can see the news, podcasts and much more on the Echo Show.
- You can call, and video chat with other Echo owners.
- You can see the feed from your cameras on the Echo Show.
The only thing left for this list is the Echo Show Smart Home Device. It is an Echo device but with a display and stereo sound feature. It has an 8” display that allows Alexa to show you as well as speak to you. This is the best display of Amazon Echo and Alexa devices.
With the Echo Show Smart Home Device, you can ask Alexa to show you the temperature, news, podcasts, and much more instead of just telling you. It will show you as well as tell you what you want to know. You can also ask Alexa to show you movies, trailers, and music videos on the show.
You can call, message and video chat with friends and family who own Echo devices with a screen with the Echo Show. You can ask Alexa to show the feed from your smart cameras on the display of the Echo Show as well. If your camera has two-way audio, you can talk to the person in front of the camera as well.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
Question: Is it a must to have smart speakers to control your smart home devices?
Answer: No, Amazon offers a versatile range of devices that can act as an alternative to Smart Speakers.
Question: Can I get an Amazon Echo and Alexa device for my car?
Answer: Yes, you can get the Echo Auto for your car.
Question: What are the cheapest Amazon Echo and Alexa devices?
Answer: The Echo Flex is the cheapest Amazon Echo and Alexa device.
These are the best Amazon Echo and Alexa devices considering the features they bring to the table and their consecutive prices. Contrary to popular belief, it is not a must to have a smart speaker to control your smart home devices.
All the Echo and Alexa devices Amazon offers are very versatile, and you can get anyone that fits your needs.