Top Five Smart Home Printers Review for 2021
In a market that is filled with so many choices, both good and bad ones, it is a tough job to find the best smart home printer that will fulfill all your printing needs. The market is filled with products that do not meet the standard of being a good product.
This leaves the customers in a tough spot, and they, more often than not, end up buying the bad products. This is because the amount of quality products out there is less than the non-quality products. That is why we have produced this list of the top five smart home printers out there in the market right now.
Before buying a smart home printer, there are a lot of criteria we need to ensure. Our experts have reviewed hundreds of smart home printers that are available for purchase to everyday users.
Out of these hundreds of products, a few stood out to take the mantle of being the best of the bests. Before we jump on to the list of the best smart home printers, here is a smart home printer buying guide to walk you through our thought process.
Top 5 Best Smart Home Printers: Our Picks and Recommendations
Things to Consider Before Buying Smart Home Printers
Here are the factors you should look into when choosing the best smart home printer to fit your needs. Remember that everyone has different needs and so will require different types of printers.
- Where You Intend to Use it
Different setups call for different types of printers. If you intend to use it in your home, you need a versatile and affordable printer. If it is for an office, you need something sturdier and a bigger budget. If you are a student, you need a printer that can crank out term papers faster than normal printers and also can produce more papers per ink cartridge refill.
- What Type of Printer
There are laser printers, inkjet printers, and multifunctional/all-in-one printers. Laser printers are faster in function, but the printer itself costs a lot. Whereas inkjet printers are more budget-friendly but work slowly. Then there are multifunctional or all-in-one printers that are called the Swiss Army Knives of printers. They can copy, scan, print, and also fax all in one device.
Best Overall Smart Home Printer
HP LaserJet Pro Smart Home Printer
HP LaserJet Pro M281fdw All-in-One Wireless Color Laser Printer, Works with Alexa (T6B82A)
12 used from $299.99
- BIG PERFORMANCE IN COMPACT SIZE – This all-in-one color laser printer features fastest in-class two-sided printing, plus scan, copy, fax as well as a 50-sheet auto document feeder, USB printing and a 2. 7-inch color touchscreen
- A FASTER PACE FOR BUSINESS - This HP color laser printer prints up to 22 pages per minute black/color. Fastest-in-class 2-sided printing speed of up to 13 pages per minutes. Spend less time refilling trays with 250-sheet input tray
- HIGH-IMPACT COLOR QUALITY – Count on HP's legendary color quality with this double-sided printer. Produce outstanding color documents by using Original HP 202A Toner cartridges. High-yield 202X toners also available.
- EASY MOBILE PRINTING – The highly rated HP Smart app allows you to easily set up your printer, scan from your smartphone, order toner, and print from the cloud—such as iCloud, Dropbox and Google Drive
- ONE-YEAR LIMITED HARDWARE – 24-hour, 7 days a week FREE HP Web support.
- It is an all-in-one printer.
- It can copy, print, and scan all-in-one.
- The printer prints 22 pages per minute.
- The printer can be controlled by the HP Smart App.
- You can order toner from the app.
The HP LaserJet Pro Smart Home Printer is an all-in-one package. It does everything and anything related to printing and copying you can imagine and does it efficiently as well. The HP LaserJet Pro Smart Home Printer is the best overall printer on our list.
The HP LaserJet Pro Smart Home Printer has a very fast printing speed. It can print up to 22 pages per minute. The first page takes 10.3 seconds to print black and white, and 11.7 seconds for color. The input tray can hold up to 250 papers of different shapes and sizes.
The HP LaserJet Pro Smart Home Printer is a smart printer. That means the power of the printer lies in your hands with your smartphone. The HP Smart App is very user-friendly, and you can control your printer from it. You can even order toner directly from the app.
Best Office Smart Home Printer
HP OfficeJet Pro Smart Home Printer
HP OfficeJet Pro 6978 All-in-One Wireless Printer, HP Instant Ink, Works with Alexa (T0F29A)
76 used from $97.00
- Main functions of this HP color inkjet photo printer: copy, scan, fax, wireless printing, two-sided duplex printing and scanning, color touchscreen, automatic document feeder, Instant Ink ready so you'll never run out of ink, and more
- Easily print when and where you need to from your smartphone, tablet, or notebook PC; get convenient mobile printing options and mobile setup; connect the way you want to with Ethernet and wireless networking
- Ink delivered to your home: get your first 2 months free when you enroll in HP Instant Ink (optional) during printer set up; plans starting at $2.99 per month after the trial period, shipping and recycling included
- Built for business; produce fast professional-quality color for 50% less than lasers, save paper, and handle more tasks without slowing down
- HP OfficeJet Pro 6978 is ideal for the home office or small workgroups that need professional-quality, affordable color with powerful productivity and fast functionality
- It is the best printer for home offices and group work offices as well.
- It is a multifunctional all-in-one printer.
- It can scan, copy, fax, print, and much more.
- It has a colored touchscreen display.
- The printer produces 50% more than normal printers in a single ink cartridge.
The HP OfficeJet Pro Smart Home Printer is the sturdiest printer on this list. It can handle the toughest of workloads, even in the most congested offices. It is also very versatile at the same time as it is a multifunctional all-in-one smart home printer. It is the best office smart home printer on our list.
The main functions of the HP OfficeJet Pro Smart Home Printer are to copy, scan, fax, print, two-sided print, wireless print, and two-sided scanning as well. It has a color touch screen and is very easy to use.
The HP OfficeJet Pro Smart Home Printer is a great ink saver. You can produce 50% more on this than normal laser printers. You can also opt-in to their ink replenishment service and save 10% every time you reorder ink replenishments. Currently, they are offering four months of free ink when you sign up.
Best Wireless Smart Home Printer
HP ENVY 5055 Smart Home Printer
HP ENVY 5055 Wireless All-in-One Photo Printer, HP Instant Ink, Works with Alexa (M2U85A)
$104.92 in stock
- Replaces the HP ENVY 4520, HP ENVY 5055 comes with Bluetooth, Smart, improved Wi-Fi connectivity, faster print speeds and more
- Step up and create projects at home – Print, scan, and copy borderless, high-quality photos and documents with crisp, sharp text using this versatile all-in-1 printer
- Ink delivered to your home: Get your first 2 months free when you enroll in HP Instant Ink (optional) during printer set up; plans starting at 0.99 dollar per month after the trial period, shipping and recycling included
- Our most powerful printing app ever: the HP Smart app allows you to easily set up your wireless printer, scan documents with your camera, and print from social media or the cloud, such as iCloud, Google Drive, and Dropbox
- Stay connected, no matter what: Whether connecting to your network or your mobile device, reliable Dual Band Wi-Fi and Bluetooth, Smart deliver a stable connection for steady performance
- It is the best wireless smart home printer.
- It does not require USB cables or pen drives to print.
- It connects to both Wi-Fi and Bluetooth.
- HP has a subscription service that delivers ink to your house.
- The HP Smart App is very user-friendly.
Printer users all over the world are opting to use wireless printers now more than ever. USB cables and pen drives are getting lost into oblivion day by day.
The demand for wireless devices such as wireless printers is increasing more and more. The HP ENVY 5055 Smart Home Printer is the best wireless smart home printer on our list.
The HP Smart App that is compatible with the HP ENVY 5055 Smart Home Printer is very user-friendly and easy to use. You can control the printer using the app. The HP ENVY 5055 Smart Home Printer can connect using both Wi-Fi and Bluetooth as well.
HP offers a subscription service for as little as $2.99 per month; you can get ink delivered to your doorsteps. With this subscription offer, you will never run out of ink, and you will never be late at meeting deadlines because your ink ran out.
Best Photo Smart Home Printer
Epson Expression XP-15000 Smart Home Printer
Epson Expression Photo HD XP-15000 Wireless Color Wide-Format Printer, Amazon Dash Replenishment Ready
8 used from $379.00
- This printer is designed for use with Epson cartridges only, not third party cartridges or ink; Cartridges described as Compatible, Re manufactured, refilled or refillable may not work properly or at all; See product description for more details
- Professional ultra HD photo quality get brilliant border less prints upto 13 inches X 19 inches
- Individual 6 color Claria photo HD ink includes red and gray inks for an ultra wide color gamut and enhanced black and white prints. Sound pressure level: Pressure: 49 dB(A)
- Professional projects: Made easy features a 50 sheet rear tray for specialty media, including cardstock (1); Accommodates a variety of paper finishes and border less sizes from 4 inches X 6 inches To 13 inches X 19 inches
- Ultra compact wide format A3+ printer 30 percent smaller than its predecessor (2); Easily fits on your desktop
- It is the best printer for a photographer who wants a smart printer.
- It prints quality pictures that no other printer can produce.
- It uses special Epson ink that produces a quality no other inks can produce.
- The printer can hold up to 200 sheets of A4 paper.
- It can print on optical discs, as well.
This printer is a special color photo printer. It can produce outstanding quality prints and has special Epson ink to help it do just that. You cannot print with the same quality if you use any other ink with this printer. The Epson Expression XP-15000 Smart Home Printer is the best photo smart home printer on our list.
The Epson Expression XP-15000 Smart Home Printer is the best printer for photographers. It is much lighter and more compact than other Epson printers, as well. It has an LCD screen with a control panel for smooth operation.
The printer has a cassette that can hold up to 200 sheets of A4 papers, 50 sheets of photo paper, and much more altogether. It can print borderless pictures, but that option is not available for both sides of printing. You can even print on optical discs using the Epson Expression XP-15000 Smart Home Printer.
Best Compact Smart Home Printer
Brother HL-L2340DW Smart Home Printer
Brother HL-L2340DW Compact Laser Printer, Monochrome, Wireless Connectivity, Two-Sided Printing, Mobile Device Printing, Amazon Dash Replenishment Ready
7 used from $150.00
- Fast, high-quality printing at up to 27ppm
- Easy to set up and share on your wireless network or connect locally via USB interface
- Print from your mobile device via: Air print, Google cloud Print, Brother iPrint & Scan, cortado workplace, Wi-Fi Direct
- Automatic duplex (two-sided) printing to help save paper
- 250-sheet capacity tray adjustable for letter or legal, plus a manual feed slot for envelope printing
- The printer is compact and takes very little space.
- It can print 27 pages per minute.
- It can hold up to 250 sheets of paper.
- It can print on both sides of the paper at once.
- It has a Dash Replenishment option available.
Many people complain that they do not like the size of most printers nowadays, as they cannot place them efficiently in their room. As people are becoming more and more minimalistic by the day, demand for compact devices is rising. Brother tackle this issue with their Brother HL-L2340DW Smart Home Printer. It is the best compact smart home printer on our list.
The Brother HL-L2340DW Smart Home Printer has a print speed of 27 pages per minute. It can print on both sides and print automatic duplex pages. The printer can hold up to 250 sheets of paper, and the tray is adjustable to hold any type of paper you want.
The printer is Amazon certified Dash Replenishment order option available. This means that you can order ink for the printer conveniently anytime you want. You do not need to worry about running out of ink.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
Question: Are smart printers better than inkjet printers?
Answer: Smart Printers are printers that you can control using your smartphone. So, smart printers can be inkjet printers, as well.
Question: Which is the best multipurpose printer?
Answer: HP LaserJet Pro Smart Home Printer is the best multipurpose printer available in the market right now.
Question: Which printer saves the most ink when printing?
Answer: HP Office Jet Pro Smart Home Printer saves a lot of ink and is the best for office usage.
Smart home devices are the new meta in the home devices section. Smart home printers will soon take over traditional printers as well. It is necessary to know which printers are smart and better than other printers. Our list of the top five smart home printers lists the best printers in 2019, and you can buy these products with the assurance that they will deliver the promised quality.