Best smart lighting under $200 Dollars review for 2021
Smart lights are an amazing device to have. They not only save energy costs but also come with tons of features that are extremely useful. If you have some sort of home automation system or AI in place, then a smart light is a must to get the complete smart home experience.
Smart lights let you customize their colour settings so that you can match them with your activity. For example, if you are watching a horror movie you can set a dark colour accent to set the atmosphere. Some lights even let you sync the lights with your movie.
If you are looking for the Best smart lighting under $200 Dollars, look no further. We can assure you that our list includes some of the best smart lightings under $200 that are well worth the money.
Best smart lighting under $200 Dollars Buying Guide
Here is a list of things you must consider before buying a smart light:
- Voice Control
In our opinion, the best part of using smart lights is that they can be controlled by using voice commands. If you have a smart home automation system in place, make sure the smart light you are buying is compatible with it. For example, if you have Amazon echo buy a smart light that can be voice-controlled using Alexa.
If you are trying to buy the Best smart lighting under $200 Dollars, the light you are buying likely has millions of colour combinations to choose from. Having so many colour options will help you in creating the perfect light setting for setting the mood.
Smart lights can work as an alarm that will help you wake up in the morning. You can set schedules with certain smart lights using their dedicated apps. You can schedule it to turn on early in the morning and gradually increase in brightness to make it seem natural. This will trick your brain into thinking it’s time to wake up.
- Additional Features
Some smart lights allow you to set timers. Some have motion sensor technology, for example, the Philips Hue bulbs. This feature tracks the user’s phone and makes the lights turn on whenever he/she reaches the house.
Top 7 smart lights under 200
We have bought and tested some of the well-reviewed and popular smart lights in the market that has a price tag of $200 or less. So, these are the best smart lighting under $200:
Philips Hue White and Color Ambiance A19 60W Equivalent LED Smart Bulb Starter Kit
Philips Hue 464479 60W Equivalent White and Color Ambiance A19 Starter Kit, 3rd Generation, Works with Amazon Alexa
- Whole Home Smart Lighting: Extend Smart Lighting throughout Your Home (up to 50 light Points on one Hub); Set the mood with pre set light recipes or create custom scenes through the Philips Hue App to set the mood in Your Smart Home
- Voice Activated: By using the Hue Hub, these Smart Bupounds connect to Your favorite Smart Home devices like Amazon Alexa, Apple HomeKit, or Google Assistant for the Ultimate Smart Home Experience
- Easy to Install: To install, simply screw the Smart bupounds into Your desired lamp, overhead light, ceiling fan, or pendant light, then download the Hue Mobile app and pair with Your Hue Hub; From the Hue App you can begin Controlling all of Your installed hue lights seamlessly
- Schedule your Own Custom Light Scenses: With the Philips Hue App you can set routines to help you feel energized in the morning, have your lights detect when you arrive home, or turn the smart lights off gradually as you head to Bed; Customization is at your fingertips with Philips Hue
- Expand Your Philips HUE Ecosystem: You can easily Expand on Your starter kit when you purchase other Hue light Points & Accessories; Try adding a Hue Tap switch for Control without touching Your Smart phone; Add a Hue Play to set the Perfect scene for Your next binge worthy show; No need to worry about Your Wi Fi speed, with the Hue Hub you can reliably add and Control up to 50 Hue lights & Accessories without clogging up Your Wi Fi
The most interesting thing about this smart light is the fact that you can sync the colour of the bulbs with games, movies, and music. With 16 million colours to choose from you will be getting a variety of options while creating a customized colour setting for your lights.
It is easy to control and it is compatible with Google Home, Apple Homekit and Alexa. You will be able to set schedules to make the lights turn on and off at specified times. You can also set the lights to change colours according to the time of day. For example, you can choose a relaxing colour accent in the evening when you are taking a break from work.
- It can be controlled using voice commands via Alexa and the Philips hub is required for that.
- The Hue bridge can control up to 50 Philips hue bulbs. 12 accessories can be connected with this bulb to expand your system.
- A few examples of such accessories are the Hue motion sensor, the Hue tap, and the Hue dimmer switch
- If you already have a home automation system like Samsung Smart things or Nest, you can easily pair your Hue bulbs with that.
Philips Hue White and Color Ambiance LED Smart Light Bulb Starter Kit
Philips Hue White and Color Ambiance A19 60W Equivalent LED Smart Bulb Starter Kit, 4 A19 Bulbs and 1 Hub Compatible with Amazon Alexa Apple HomeKit and Google Assistant, (All US Residents)
2 used from $183.00
- Voice Activated: The Philips Hue White and Color Starter Kit works with Alexa for Voice Control (Smart hub required and Included, Alexa device sold separately)
- Limitness Posibilities: Choose from 16 million Colors and shades of White to turn Your everyday Smart Lighting into an extraordinary Experience; Hue Color lights are Controlled remotely with Your Smartphone or Tablet, create custom scenes and unleash Your creativity
- Take Control: Voice Control for Your Smart Home: Control Your Philips Hue lights with Your Voice using Alexa, Apple HomeKit, or Google Assistant; Pair it for Home automation with Your existing Nest or Samsung SmartThings system
- Lasts A LifTime : 25000 hours of life; To install, simply screw in the smart bupounds into your desired light location, download the Hue mobile app and pair your Hue hub; Control smart bulb equipped lamps and overhead hue lights via the Philips Hue App; Ideal for your favorite ceiling fan lights, floor lamps, table lamps, pendant lights, and more throughout your smart home
- Expand Your Smart Home : Easily Expand Your Smart Lighting system with accessories (sold separately), such as a Hue Dimmer Switch, Hue Tap, or Hue Motion Sensor
The setup process of the Philips Hue smart light is pretty straightforward. You just need to download the android or IOS app and connect the Philips hub to your router. After the app finds the hub just click the setup and you are good to go. If you have Amazon Echo, you wouldn’t be needing the Philips Hue hub.
There is a stunning feature that comes with this smart light. It comes with an algorithm that can turn a picture into a personalized scene. You will also be able to set routines whether you are inside or outside the house through the app. You could set it up so that the light’s intensity gradually increases in the morning to help you wake up.
- There are different shades of white and about 16 million colour accents to choose from when you are setting up the lights.
- The lights have a lifespan of 25000 hours.
- The lights can be controlled through voice commands and they can be connected with Alexa, Google Assistant and Apple Homekit
- There are accessories available like the Hue motion sensor and the hue dimmer switch.
Philips Hue White and Color Ambiance A19 60W Equivalent Smart Bulb Starter Kit
Philips Hue White and Color Ambiance A19 60W Equivalent Smart Bulb Starter Kit (Compatible with Amazon Alexa Apple HomeKit and Google Assistant)
- Works with Alexa for voice control (hub required and included, Alexa device sold separately).
- Bathe your home in millions of colors (with improved, richer cyan, green, and blue) and shades of white light, tailored to your mood or need, controlled wirelessly via a smart device.
- Controllable whether you are home or away, this starter kit adds three color A19 LED smart light bulbs (fits standard-size table lamps) with a Hue bridge that manages up to 50 lights.
- To install, simply screw the smart bulbs into your desired light location, download the Hue mobile app and pair your Hue bridge. Control smart-bulb-equipped lamps and overhead lights via the Philips Hue App. Ideal for your favorite ceiling fan lights, floor lamps, table lamps, pendant lights, and more throughout your home.
- Easily expand your lighting system with accessories (sold separately), such as a Hue Dimmer Switch, Hue Tap, or Hue Motion Sensor. Pair it for automation with your existing Nest or SmartThings system.
You should be able to use the smart hub easily. You will need to physically connect it to your router. As physical access is necessary to pair the lights to an app, this system is quite secure from external attacks.
There are a variety of colours available that can help with setting the appropriate mood for any kind of activity such as reading, watching movies or gaming.
One issue that we faced while we tested this bulb is that if the power fails or if the supply of electricity is a little unstable the lights sometimes randomly turn on. This is because the bulbs have a default setting of being turned on when it gets power.
- The Hue Bridge can manage about 50 lights at the same time.
- There are different shades of white light available and also many rich colours available such as green, cyan and blue.
- The setup process includes installing the bulbs and then downloading the Hue app on your smart device. Then just pair the app with the bulbs.
- It works with home automation systems such as Samsung SmartThings and Nest.
Lutron Caseta Wireless Smart Light Dimmer Switch
Lutron P-BDG-PKG1W Caseta Wireless Dimmer Kit with Smart Bridge, White
- PEACE OF MIND: Set lights to automatically adjust with changing seasons so your family always comes back to a well-lit home; You can also enable the smart away feature to randomly turn your lights on and off to look like you’re home even if you’re away
We like the Lutron caseta smart light’s personalized scheduling feature. Once you set your desired schedule you won’t have to worry about resettling again. Even if the bulb loses power the settings will still be there. If the light gets disconnected from the Wi-Fi the lights will still work.
You will need the Lutron smart bridge to connect your bulbs. If you are using the smart bridge you will be able to use the bulbs without requiring a Wi-Fi connection. The installation and setup process is fairly simple. The lights can be connected to the existing wiring of your house, even if your house is a little old.
It works with a variety of smart home systems such as Apple home kit, Sonos, Serena Shades and Alexa.
- The light can be controlled by using the Lutron app and voice commands. You can control them using the switch
- The Caseta smart switch can control multiple bulbs at once
- The app enables you to set schedules and create lighting scenes. You can play around with the colour options to create beautiful scenes.
LIFX Beam Seamless Light Module
LIFX Color, BR30 1100 lumens, Wi-Fi Smart LED Light Bulb, Billions of Colors and Whites, No Bridge Required, Compatible with Alexa, Hey Google, HomeKit and Siri
$34.99 in stock
2 used from $32.19
- 1100 lumens: Ultra bright! But also dimmable via voice or app
- Full color: 550 billion possible color steps. RGBW LEDs for richer colors and huge 1500-9000K white range.
- Indoor/Outdoor: use this as a can light indoor, or outside with IP65 weatherproof rating and -22°F "Freezing Function".
- Why Wi-Fi? Control from anywhere. No bridge or hub required. (Use 2.4GHz).
- Voice compatible (Alexa, Apple HomeKit / Siri, Hey Google) and simple to set up; screw in, open your preferred app and follow the prompts.
With this smart light, you will be able to set the mood for any kind of occasion and activity by dimming the bulbs and changing their colours using the app or via voice commands.
You can make schedules with the app to make the lights turn on at specified times. You can do this remotely even if you are outside as long as you have access to the internet. This feature comes in handy as you can use it to turn your lights on when you are travelling to make it look like someone is at home. This will help discourage any burglars who might be trying to break into your apartment.
The installation process is really simple, there are many vivid colours to choose from that will give you the option to get creative and make your personalized colour accent to enhance the look and feel of your house.
- The light beams come with command strips. So, you should be able to install them any place you desire
- The lighting can be controlled through Wi-Fi by using the android or IOS app. Windows 10 apps also work.
- This light is dimmable and 16 million colours are available
- The beam has custom zones. These zones can emit lights of different waveforms.
Philips Hue Lily White & Color Outdoor Spot Light Base kit
Philips Hue Lily White & Color Outdoor Spot Light Base kit (Hue Hub required), 3 Spot Lights with power supply + mount, Works with Alexa, HomeKit & Google Assistant
4 used from $319.99
- Philips Hue outdoor dusk to dawn light bulbs works with Alexa for voice control (hub required, Hue Hub & Alexa device sold separately). Includes Lily Power Supply. For the full Hue experience and to take advantage of voice activation purchase the Philips Hue Hub (Model: 458471). Search "Philips Hue Hub" or "B016H0QZ7I" to find this product on Amazon.
- Brighten up Dark paths with 16 million colors or all shades of white. No more complexity to get Lighting outdoors: go create and extend as you like
- Do it yourself, the products are based on low Voltage, safe to use and easy to install. To install simply placed the product in the desire location, connect it with the psu, plug and pair it to your hue hub. For best connectivity your first Philips Hue outdoor light should be located within 30 ft from the hub or the closest hue light in your house. You can extend the distance up to 60 ft from one hue outdoor light to the next one. Metal and certain other materials can block the signal
- Control your Philips Hue lights with your voice using Alexa, Apple homekit, or Google assistant. Pair it for home automation with your existing Nest or Samsung SmartThings system
- Resistant, high quality weatherproof material. Lifetime up to 25, 000 hours and 2 year warranty
The Hue Lily is an amazing spotlight that is best suited for outdoor lighting. It is packed full of useful features. With 16 million colours accents to choose from this smart spotlight is perfect for creating the right mood for your outdoor activities. For example, when you are having a BBQ party with your friends and family you can set the lights to a festive colour tone to enhance your experience.
The lights are dimmable and they can be controlled with smart devices as well as voice commands. You can set timers to make it so that the lights turn on at specified times. There is also a “welcome home” feature that tracks your phone’s GPS and turns on the moment you reach home.
- This light works with Alexa, Google Assistant and Apple Homekit.
- Since it is made for outdoor use it is weatherproof. It also has a lifespan of 25000 hours.
- To get more features and get the full experience, we recommend that you buy the Philips Hue hub.
- The lights can be placed about 30-60 feet from the house.
LIFX A19 Wi-Fi Smart LED Light Bulb, Color Changing
LIFX 1100-Lumen, 11W Dimmable A19 LED Light Bulb (LHA19E26UC10) Multi Colored - 75W - New
1 used from $44.99
- Works with Amazon Alexa to support dimming, shades of white, and color settings through voice control (Alexa device sold separately)
- 16 million colors and warm to cool whites. LED life-span - 22.8 years (based on 3hrs/day)
- Easy to set up, built in wifi - no hub required
- Bright - equivalent to 75W bulb. Beam Angle: 135 degrees.Voltage Range:AC 100-240V 50/60 Hz
- Works with Alexa, Apple HomeKit and Google Assistant.Temperature:2500K to 9000K.Wi-Fi Router Requirement:802.11b,g,n standards compliant
This smart light bulb is bright, especially when it is on IR mode. Just put the lights on IR mode and place your security camera (that is infrared enabled) to look after your valuables.
The setup is quite easy and does not require any kind of technical expertise. You won’t need a hub or bridge to connect the bulbs. Just install the lights and download the LIFX app on your smart device and then follow the instructions given in the app.
This LIFX + can work with a wide range of smart home automation systems such as Amazon Alexa, IFTTT, Apple Homekit, Flic, Arlo, and NEST. The light is dimmable and you can set schedules too.
- Can be integrated with Alexa to control the dimming and change the shades of white
- There are many warm colours available and a unique feature of this light is its infrared night vision option
- Its brightness is equivalent to that of a 75W incandescent bulb
- Dimming can be done using the app or voice control
We hope that our list has helped you in finding the best smart light that is best suited for you. If you want to know our opinion, we would have to say that the Philips hue white is the best one on our list. The amount of features that you get from these smart lights is just incredible, especially if you consider its price.