Best Smart home security systems under 50 dollars
Home security systems are the 21st century equivalent to having superman protect your home. That may have been a little exaggerated, but it is relevant nevertheless. Home security systems always give you the peace of mind that you deserve, but that is if you pick the right one.
The market is loaded with products of varying qualities. To help you choose the best products that are within your budget, we have made a list of the best home security systems under 50 dollars. Before we jump on to the list, here is a quick smart home security buying guide.
Buying guide: To help you understand the criteria we look for when selecting the best smart home securities in the market, here is the buying guide for the best smart home security under 50.
Types of Home Security System: There are two types of security systems to choose from. Landline home security systems and wireless home security systems. Landline home security systems require wires to function, whereas wireless home security systems rely on your Wi-Fi.
The contracts of home security systems: Before getting into any contract from home security contracts, you should always go through them thoroughly. Many security providers charge cancelation fees and many other types of fees that you may not want to incur.
Installation of home security systems: Currently, the market is moving more towards DIY (Do it yourself) home security systems. There is another type of installation offer that is a professional installation where you need to pay a fee for the professionals to set up the system for you.
Top Smart home security systems under 50 dollars Reviews
Samsung SmartThings Sensor Smart Home Security System
Samsung SmartThings GP-U999SJVLAAA Door & Window Multipurpose Sensor, White
- Versatile Monitoring: All-in-one open/close, vibration, orientation, angle (tilt), and temperature sensor for multipurpose functionality
- 24/7 Monitoring: Receive instant phone alerts if a door, window, cabinet or drawer opens unexpectedly
- Stay Safe: Get a notification if you forgot to close your doors or windows to ensure your home stays safe
- Requirements: Must have SmartThings App and SmartThings Hub or compatible device with SmartThings Hub functionality (connected devices sold separately)
- Compatibility: Works with Google, Amazon Alexa, SmartThings, and Zigbee communication protocols
- It is a versatile multipurpose sensor.
- It can detect vibration.
- You can see the temperature of the location it is placed at.
- You get alerts when something is opened or closed.
- It reminds you if you forget to close any doors.
- It works with the SmartThings app.
The Samsung SmartThings Sensor Smart Home Security System is a multipurpose sensor that can protect your entire home from unwanted visitors. It can detect vibrations, orientations, angles, temperatures, and also when things open and close. The added benefit is that you can know the temperature of your rooms with it as well.
The Samsung SmartThings Sensor Smart Home Security System works with the Samsung SmartThings app. The app allows you to get alerts from the sensor from wherever you are, and it also alerts you if you forget to close your door. So, you will never leave your garage door mistakenly open again.
Centralite Micro Motion Sensor Smart Home Security System
Centralite Micro Motion Sensor (Works with SmartThings, Wink, Vera, and ZigBee platforms)
- Works with SmartThings, Wink, Vera, and ZigBee platforms
- 15-foot detection range
- 2-year battery life
- Built-in temperature sensor
- Trigger scenes, notifications, and automation features when used with a ZigBee-compatible hub
- It is compatible with a lot of platforms.
- The sensor works with SmartThings, ZigBee, and much more.
- It has a detection range of 15 feet.
- It can be hidden out of sight.
- It has a built-in temperature sensor, as well.
- It has a battery life of 2 years.
The Centralite Micro Motion Sensor Smart Home Security System is one of the most versatile smart home security systems out there. It is versatile in the sense that it is compatible with so many things. The Centralite Micro Motion Sensor Smart Home Security System works with SmartThings, Wink, Vera, and ZigBee platforms.
The Centralite Micro Motion Sensor Smart Home Security System also has a lot of amazing features. It has a detection range of 15 feet that enables it to be hidden out of the sight of unwanted visitors. It features a built-in temperature sensor for free, as well.
Aeotec ZW112 ZW112-A Sensor Smart Home Security System
Aeon Labs ZW112A Door and Window Sensor 6 3 Pack
- Beautifully designed device, only 0.35 inches deep and 2.8 inches along the edge.
- Subtle and designed to be painted to blend in
- Accurate magnetic sensors
- Battery lasts for 6+ months
- Pack includes 3 sensors
- The sensor is very aesthetic and thin.
- It has a depth of only 0.35 inches.
- The sensor is paintable, and you can paint on it.
- It blends in with your door, window, or wall.
- It is compatible with a variety of Z-Wave gateways.
- It is Z-Wave plus certified.
The Aeotec ZW112 ZW112-A Sensor Smart Home Security System is the thinnest sensor available in the market right now. It has a depth of only 0.35 inches, which may seem impossible, but it is true. Aeon Labs made the sensor paintable so that you can paint over the thin sensor and hide it in plain sight.
The Aeotec ZW112 ZW112-A Sensor Smart Home Security System is compatible with a lot of Z-Wave gateways so that you do not need to worry about compatibility when buying it. It is compatible with Vera, SmartThings, Indigo, HomeSeer, and Control4, as well.
iSmartAlarm Motion Sensor Smart Home Security System
iSmartAlarm Motion Sensor | Adjustable 30ft Range Wireless Battery Powered
$32.67 in stock
- Identify movement anywhere within 30 feet
- Be notified instantly of intruders
- Wireless and re-positionable
- It is a powerful motion sensor.
- It can sense movement within a radius of 30 feet in front of it.
- It is wireless, and you do not need wires to set it up as it is battery-powered.
- The sensor can be moved and reposition at any time.
- It is pet-sensitive, so pets cannot trigger the alarm.
- It works with iSmartAlarm CubeOne (hub).
The iSmartAlarm Motion Sensor Smart Home Security System is one of the most powerful sensors on this list, and that is currently out there under 50 dollars. It can sense any movement within a distance of 30 feet in front of it. The sensor is also pet-sensitive, which means it can recognize your pets and would alert you if it is triggered by them.
The iSmartAlarm Motion Sensor, Smart Home Security System, works with their iSmartAlarm CubeOne (hub). The sensor is totally wireless, and you can also reposition it to anywhere you want, whenever you want to. It notifies your phone instantly when it senses an intruder.
Aeotec Recessed Door Sensor Smart Home Security System
Zwave Door Sensor Aeotec Recessed Door Sensor 7, Z-Wave Plus Enabled Smart Door Sensor Battery Powered, SmartStart S2, Zwave Hub Required SmartThings Fibaro Home Centre 3 Hubitat
- Zwave Door Sensor: Built in the Aeotec 700 series, Z-Wave Plus V2, which will deliver a significantly improved your experience by mandating the inclusion of SmartStart, a setup feature that will truly bring plug and play to the your smart home. Comprised of two parts: the main z-wave door sensor and the magnetic door contact sensor
- Smart z-wave door sensor: Removing the complexity of installation, with a quick app scan of its QR code, drastically shortening and simplifying the product setup process for you. Smart door open sensor
- Safer than the previous z-wave recessed sensor. Come with z wave security 2 (S2) framework which is the most advanced security for smart home zwave devices and controllers, z-wave gateway and zwave hub in the market today, it’s better to protect your family
- Anytime and anywhere, it’s great wireless door sensors for security. Smart hubs compatible with z-wave hub Samsung SmartThings, Wink, HomeSeer HS3, Hubitat, ISY994i, Open Z-Wave, Domoticz and more. Frequency: 908.40 MHz, 916.00 MHz
- Take your home under zwave controller. Open close sensor zwave Optimized to use up to 66% less battery power to communicate than previous generations. 3 year+ battery life powered by 1 x 1/2 AA battery. Battery included. Never worry about missing any important moment or running out of battery
- The sensor is specially designed for doors.
- The special design allows you to hide the sensor in plain sight.
- The sensor can accurately sense when a door is opened or closed.
- The battery of the sensor lasts for one year.
- The battery is included in the package and does not require you to buy it separately.
- It is compatible with all the popular Z-Wave gateways.
The Aeotec Recessed Door Sensor Smart Home Security System is the best door to monitor smart home security systems under 50 dollars. The sensor is specially designed to know when a door is being opened or closed. The special design of the sensor allows you to hide the sensor from people’s eyes as well.
The Aeotec Recessed Door Sensor Smart Home Security System has a superior battery, as well. The battery lasts for one year, and it is included in the package, so you do not need to buy it separately. It is also compatible with a wide variety of popular Z-Wave gateways.
These are the top five smart home security systems under 50 and are all within your budget. Even as budget choices, these are very effective in their functions and will not let you down. The smart home security systems mentioned in this list were tried and tested by our professionals and are the best in the market. You can get the one that meets your needs.