Best Smart Home Lighting under 50 dollars
If you have a home automation system, then installing smart lights would be a great choice for you. These bulbs are infinitely better than standard incandescent lights. They are environment-friendly and they will save you a lot of money as they are energy-efficient.
These lights can be easily integrated with your smart devices such as Amazon Echo and Apple Homekit. You will be able to control your bulbs with voice commands. You will get a ton of features like setting schedules, changing colours and intensity, etc.
Using a smart light might be easy but finding a suitable one that fits your budget might seem like a difficult task. That is why in this article we have discussed the things you should look for in a smart bulb before buying one. We have also reviewed the best smart lights which are under the $50 price range.
In case you are wondering “how do I determine which smart light is the best choice for me?” here are some the things you should consider while buying one:
You should check whether the smart bulb you are buying is compatible with your home automation system. Typically, smart lights can be connected to your smartphone or tablet via an app. You can set schedules, the brightness level, and colours through that. If you want to control it with your voice you can connect them to your Google Home or Amazon Echo.
While some smart light bulbs may only come in white a lot of the smart bulbs in the market have the feature of changing colours. This can change the atmosphere of the room and set the mood for different sorts of activities. The bulbs with that feature are a little expensive but they’re well worth the cost.
Smart lights are way more expensive than incandescent lights. They use LED lights to work. They also have Wi-Fi connectivity and a variety of other features that raises their manufacturing cost and thus making them expensive.
But buying an expensive smart light is a good choice because these lights last much longer than traditional bulbs. Also, they are quite energy-efficient as well.
- Other features
As mentioned before these smart bulbs can be controlled by using voice commands through Alexa or Google Assistant. You can set schedules, save your preferred colour settings, use a timer by using the app associated with the lights.
You can even remotely control the lighting of your house by using the app when you are outside. Some smart lights can track your phone’s GPS and turn it on when you reach home so that you don’t have to stumble in the dark while trying to find the light switches.
Best smart lights under 50 review for 2021
After careful consideration we have decided that these are the best smart bulbs that are currently available in the market right now:
Sengled Smart LED Soft White A19 Starter Kit
Sengled Smart Light Bulb Starter Kit, Work with Alexa & Google Home, Support 2.4G&5G, Dimmable A19 Alexa Smart Bulbs, 9W 2700K Smart LED Soft White Light, 2 Smart Bulbs & 1 Smart Hub
$26.99 in stock
4 used from $20.99
- 【Sengled Smart Hub Supports 2.4G & 5G】Connect smart light bulb to Sengled Smart Hub, which works with both 2.4G & 5G WiFi router (Connect Hub to your router with Ethenet cable). High connection reliablity even add up to 64 smart bulbs to the smart hub system. Without worry about straining your network and frequently drop offline like most smart WiFi bulbs in the market.
- 【Voice Control】Smart light bulbs that work with Alexa and Google Home. Control your smart light bulb via voice commands to turn your smart bulbs on/off, adjust brightness and more, e.g. switch on the a19 Alexa light bulbs before getting out of bed, dim the smart lights from the couch to watch a movie.
- 【Wake Up & Sleep Mode】Easily setup via using Sengled Home App (iOS and Android). Schedule your smart lights to slowly light up. Starting at the set time, the smart bulbs will slowly brighten throughout the timespan you set. Your lights will slowly get brighter in the morning. And you can also schedule your lights to simulate a sunset so that you can fall asleep more naturally every evening. Your bulbs will slowly dim over the timespan you set.
- 【Remote Control】Enhance your smart home with smart bulb soft white lighting, controlled remotely wherever you are. Set timers and light schedules, automating your smart light bulb to make it seem like someone is home even when you are away. You can also create a group for all of your a19 alexa light bulbs, and easily group control your smart light bulbs with Alexa, Google Home and IFTTT.
- 【Expand Your Smart Home】Easily Expand Your Smart Lighting system with accessories (sold separately), such as a Sengled Smart Lightstrip, Dimmer Switch, Smart Plug, or Door/Window Sensor. Sengled Smart Hub supports up to 64 accessories. Sengled provides 24-Month Promise and Professional Local Call Center Customer Support Service.
- This smart LED starter kit can be controlled by using voice commands after connecting it to Alexa or Google Assistant.
- The Sengled Home app can be used to monitor how much electricity is being used.
- Whether you are at home or somewhere else you can make set a scene and make your lights turn on/off on a schedule.
- The lights can be brightened or dimmed
This single smart light will exceed your expectations, especially when you consider its price. You can switch the bulbs on and off pretty quickly with Alexa or the Sengled Home app. One of the best things about this starter kit is that you won’t face any connectivity problems no matter how far away the light is installed from the hub.
Setting up the starter kit should be a piece of cake for you. First, you need to install the bulbs. Remember to keep the switches on. After you have powered up the hub you need to connect it to your router, which only involves just plugging it in.
Then install the Sengled Home app on your phone and choose “Starter kit”, it will find the bulbs and prompt you to label them. After labelling your hub and lights you will be able to control the lights from the app.
Connecting to Alexa is also really easy. Just ask Alexa to “find devices” and after she finds it, command her to turn on the bulb and it will be turned on. You can even make routines via the Alexa app.
The light is bright enough and it’s not too white, which makes it ideal.
Philips Hue Single Premium A19 Smart Bulb
Philips Hue Single Premium Smart Bulb, 16 million colors, for most lamps & overhead lights, Hub Required, Works with Alexa, Apple HomeKit and Google Assistant
3 used from $39.69
- Voice Activated: The Philips Hue White and Color A19 Light Bulb works with Alexa for Voice Control (Smart hub required , Alexa device and hub sold separately); For the Full Hue Experience and to Take advantage of Voice activation purchase the Philips Hue Hub (Model: 458471); Search 'Philips Hue Hub' or 'B016H0QZ7I' to find this Product on Amazon
- Limitless Possibilities: Choose from 16 million Colors to instantly change the look and atmosphere of Your room or Control Your Smart lights with Your Voice device; Requiring the Philips Hue Hub (sold separately) for the Full Hue Experience
- Take Control: Control Your Philips Hue Color lights with Your Voice using Alexa, Apple HomeKit, or Google Assistant; Pair it for Home automation with Your existing Nest or Samsung SmartThings system
- Easy Installation: To install, simply screw in the smart bupounds into your desired light location, download the Hue mobile app and pair your Hue hub; Control smart bulb equipped lamps and overhead hue lights via the Philips Hue App; Ideal for your favorite ceiling fan lights, floor lamps, table lamps, pendant lights, and more throughout your smart home
- Expand Your Smart Home: Easily Expand Your Lighting system with Smart Accessories (sold separately), such as a Hue Dimmer Switch, Hue Tap, or Hue Motion Sensor
- There are 16 million colours available to choose from.
- It can work with Alexa, Google Assistant and Apple Homekit. It can be paired with the existing Samsung SmartThings system.
- Smart accessories are also available like the Hue Motion sensor, Hue dimmer switch, etc.
- Installing is quick and simple. It only involves installing lights to the desired location. Then download the Philips Hue app and pairing it with the Hue hub.
The Philips Hue is a little expensive but trusts us, it is definitely worth the money. It has voice control which works quite well with Alexa. It can also be controlled through other automation systems like the Apple Homekit.
You can have multiple lights around the house and they will work flawlessly. Just remember to make sure that you pronounce the names of the bulbs correctly. You can switch the bulbs on/off through Alexa. You can also change the colours or the shades of the colours through the app or via Alexa.
You will need a hue bridge (supports 50 lights) to connect the Philips smart bulbs, which is expensive. The new Amazon Echo can also work as a hub to an extent.
Colours are abundant. You can change the colour accent to set the mood for any kind of activity you want. For example, making the room dark red when you are watching a movie or, match the colours of the lights with your favourite team’s colours when you are watching a football match with your friends.
Kasa Smart Light Switch by TP-Link
Kasa Smart Light Switch HS200, Single Pole, Needs Neutral Wire, 2.4GHz Wi-Fi Light Switch Works with Alexa and Google Home, UL Certified, No Hub Required , White
$14.99 in stock
12 used from $8.54
- Easy guided install: Neutral wire is required, standard wall plate size. No need to understand complex switch wiring or master vs auxiliary switch configurations; The Kasa app guides you through easy step by step installation. Need 2.4GHz Wi-Fi connection
- Control from anywhere: Monitor your light status. Turn electronics on and off from anywhere with your smartphone using the Kasa app, whether you are at home, in the office or on vacation
- Voice control: Enjoy the hands-free convenience of controlling the lights in your home with your voice via Amazon Alexa or Google Assistant; perfect for times when your hands are full or entering a dark room
- Scheduling: Use timer or countdown schedules to set your smart switch to automatically turn on and off while you're home or away. Enable ‘away mode’ to randomly switch on and off to trick potential intruders
- Trusted and reliable: Designed and developed in silicon valley, Kasa is trusted by over 4 million users. UL certified for safety use.
- This device can be controlled from anywhere as long as you have the Kasa app.
- Schedules can be set to turn the switch off you are away and turn it on when you come back home.
- The Kasa app has a tutorial that takes you through every step of the installation
- Cortana, Alexa or Google Assistant can be used for voice commands.
This smart switch works with both Google Assistant and Alexa to let the user control it via voice commands. It is one of the best smart light switches you can find. The installation process is quite simple. Just follow the specified instructions to install the switch. Then install the Kasa app on your phone and connect it to the switch. Set up your Kasa account and you will find the features on the screen such as a timer, schedule, the on/off switch, etc.
One of the pet peeves we have with this device is that you have to always push the lower section whether you want to switch it on or off. So, when you instinctively push the upper part to turn it on and nothing happens, it feels annoying.
The Kasa switch enables you to control the lights, fans and other electronic devices at your house. You can connect it to your wifi network by using the Kasa app. The app also has a feature that lets you set schedules.
LIFX 1100-Lumen, 11W Dimmable A19 LED Light Bulb
LIFX 1100-Lumen, 11W Dimmable A19 LED Light Bulb (LHA19E26UC10) Multi Colored - 75W - New
2 used from $40.99
- Works with Amazon Alexa to support dimming, shades of white, and color settings through voice control (Alexa device sold separately)
- 16 million colors and warm to cool whites. LED life-span - 22.8 years (based on 3hrs/day)
- Easy to set up, built in wifi - no hub required
- Bright - equivalent to 75W bulb. Beam Angle: 135 degrees.Voltage Range:AC 100-240V 50/60 Hz
- Works with Alexa, Apple HomeKit and Google Assistant.Temperature:2500K to 9000K.Wi-Fi Router Requirement:802.11b,g,n standards compliant
- The bulb can be dimmed through Alexa voice control. Voice-controlled can also be used to change the colour settings.
- The light is as bright as a 75W bulb.
- You won’t be needing a hub as the bulb has built-in wifi.
- It provides 16 million colour options and its LED lifespan is 22.8 years.
With an unlimited amount of vivid colours to choose from you will be able to set the mood for any kind of situation you want. The installation process is as simple as it can be. You won’t be needing any technical skills for that. All you need to do is plug the light into your desired location, no hub is required.
After that, you have to download the LIFX app and follow the instructions shown in the app. Adding more lights will let you unlock some additional features in the app.
What we liked about this smart bulb is the fact that it is compact for dimmable light. It works with Alexa, SmartThings, IFFT, Google, and NEST. It can be easily controlled via Alexa. Setting up with Alexa is also quite straightforward.
Sengled Smart LED Soft White A19 Light Bulb
Sengled Smart LED Soft White Extra Bright A19 Light Bulb, Hub Required, 2700K 100W Equivalent, Works with Alexa, Google Assistant & SmartThings, 1 Pack
$22.99 in stock
2 used from $9.16
- 【Zigbee Hub Required】Pair Sengled zigbee smart light bulbs to a compatible smart hub, like Sengled Smart Hub, SmartThings Hub, Wink and Habitat. Also work with built-in smart hub devices such as Amazon Echo Plus, Echo (4th Gen), Echo Show. Work with Apple Homekit Siri if you have Sengled hub 4th Gen.【OUR BULB IS NOT COMPATIBLE WITH HUE HUB!】
- 【100W Zigbee Smart Bulb】Extra bright A19 Smart bulb with 1500 lumens (100 watt equivalent) helps illuminate rooms that need a little more light. Connect the smart light bulbs to Sengled Smart Hub (sold separately: B07HKSTLB5), which works with both 2.4G & 5G WiFi router (Connect Hub to your router with Ethernet cable). High connection reliability even adds up to 64 smart bulbs.
- 【Voice Control】You need to pair our Zigbee smart bulbs with a compatible hub to activate complete voice control with Alexa and Google Assistant devices. Control your smart light bulb via voice commands to turn your smart bulbs on/off, adjust brightness and more. Enjoy the benefits of hands free lighting control.
- 【Group & Remote Control】Create a complete set of smart home ecological chains through Zigbee hub, which is more stable and safer than using a wifi system. You can also create a group for all of your a19 alexa light bulbs, and easily group controls your smart light bulbs with Alexa, Google Home and IFTTT. Wherever you are, you can monitor your lights right from your smartphone. Setting your smart light bulb to make it seem like someone is home even when you are away.
- 【Stable Signal Transmission】 Long-distance Signal Transmission and Worry-free that the Zigbee Smart Bulb signal quality is affected by the wall. Zigbee light bulb is also not disconnected as often as most WiFi smart light bulbs on the market.This bulb will save up to 80% energy consumption compared with an ordinary bulb.
- The Sengled smart light is a far better option than incandescent lights as it uses 80% less energy than those bulbs.
- You can create scenes that follow a routine or schedule specified by you.
- It is compatible with Sengled smart hub, Wink, Samsung SmartThings, Alexa, etc.
- It can be voice-controlled with Alexa and Google Assistant.
We highly recommend this bulb if you want a high-quality smart LED bulb on a tight budget. You can control your lighting by using the Sengled Home app or any other app which is compatible with your hub.
It can also be controlled via voice control through Google Assistant, Alexa, IFTTT, etc. You will also be able to control the lights when you are outside as long as you have internet access.
You can set up the lights by following 4 simple steps. First, you have to scan the QR code on the side of the bulb. Next, install the bulb to your desired location.
Then connect the bulbs to the app and you will see the options to personalize schedules and scenes. You can set schedules to switch the lights on and off to the specified times.
Kasa Smart Light Bulb, Multicolor by TP-Link – WiFi Bulbs
Kasa Smart Light Bulb, Multicolor by TP-Link – WiFi Bulb, No Hub Required, Works with Alexa & Google (LB230)
- Control from Anywhere: Turn electronics on or off from Anywhere with Your Smartphone using the kasa app (compatible w/ android & ios)
- Voice Control Works with Amazon Alexa, Google Assistant and MicroSoft Cortana Supported devices for a hands Free Experience
- Color Changing : Multi Color Options to set the mood to Match any moment. 1000 Lumens (80 Watt equlivalent)
- KASA SCENES & SCHEDULES Schedule the Smart Bulb to automatically turn on and off when away
- Note: Requires a Secured 2.4 GHz Wi Fi network connection
- This smart bulb can be remotely controlled by using the Kasa app.
- It works with Microsoft Cortana, Amazon Alexa, and Google Assistant.
- The lights can be turned on/off according to specified schedules
- It can work with the Wi-Fi router and that is why it does not require a hub.
The Kasa smart bulb can be easily installed and connected to the home Wi-Fi via the Kasa app. It works with Google Assistant and Alexa that enables you to control it through voice commands. Its integration with Alexa is quite smooth and you won’t be facing any issues while controlling the bulbs with your voice.
There are a variety of colour options available to you. You can set a soothing colour that will help you relax, and which could even increase your productivity while you work. You can customize the colours to fit any occasion you want. You can also save your favourite colour settings as scenes.
Each and every aspect of the lighting can be controlled by the app. You can set the lighting the way you want it to be whether you are at home or away.
TP-LINK Lb110 Dimmable LED WiFi Smart Light Bulb
Kasa Smart Light Bulb by TP-Link – WiFi Bulbs, No Hub Required, Old Version, Works with Alexa & Google (LB110)
- Control from anywhere: Turn electronics on or off from anywhere with your smartphone using the kasa app (compatible w/ android & ios)
- Voice Control: Works with Amazon Alexa, Google Assistant and MicroSoft Cortana supported devices for a hands free experience
- Dimmable: Dim brightness to customize lighting and suit your mood; The LB110 has 800 lumens brightness and dimmable White light
- Kasa scenes & schedules; Schedule the smart bulb to automatically turn on and off when away
- Note: Requires a secured 2.4 GigaHertz WiFi network connection
- This bulb is equivalent to a 60-watt incandescent bulb.
- You can set schedules for the lights to be turned on/off automatically
- Works with Amazon Alexa and Google Assistant for voice control.
TP-link has manufactured a lot of smart lights in the past that provide consistent performance and which come at a reasonable price. This dimmable smart bulb is also the same as those.
It works quite well with Amazon Echo. The setup process is quite simple. The lights can be controlled individually or by grouping them.
You can change the light from a bright white to a softer glow depending on the time of day. It can be dimmed to any brightness level you want by using the TP-link app or through Amazon Echo.
You won’t be facing any connectivity issues no matter how far the bulbs are from the router.
We hope that after reading the reviews of the best smart lights that you can buy at a fairly modest price, you have found the one that best suits your needs. If you want to know our opinion, the Philips Hue A19 smart blub is by far the best smart light in the market right now.
So, now take your final decision. Grab the awesome smart light from the list.