Best Smart home Lighting under 100
One of the best ways to make your home smarter is to install some smart lights. If you already have a home automation system, then smart lighting will be an amazing addition to that. These lights have tons of features and they can create the appropriate atmosphere for any kind of activity.
If you are wondering whether you can get a great smart light under 100, we can assure you that you can. In this article, we have reviewed some of the best affordable smart home lighting that are packed with amazing features.
Here is a list of things you must consider before buying a smart light:
If you are thinking about buying smart lights, then it is safe to assume that you have some kind of smart home automation system. So, the first thing you have to make sure is that the smart light is compatible with your smart home systems. For example, if you are using Amazon Alexa or Apple Homekit.
There are two types of lights you can buy. There are white lights that are kind of simple, inexpensive and have very few features. Then, there are colored lights that allow you to customize the colors.
- Additional features
Aside from voice control, you will get many interesting features depending on the smart light you choose. These may include scheduling, timer, dimming, welcome home, etc. You can even remotely control the lighting of your house by using the smart light’s app when you are outside. Some smart lights can track your phone’s GPS and turn on when you reach home.
|Product||Hue Go Portable light||Philips Hue Lightstrip||Philips Hue Lightstrip plus||Philips Hue play||Floor lamp Teckin||Philips Hue 3rd Gen A19||GE Enbrighten|
|Voltage||240 Volts||120 Volts||220-240 volts||240 volts||110 volts||120 volts||120 volts|
|Type of light||LED||LED||LED||LED||LED||LED||LED|
|Light color||white||Multi||Multi||Multi||white||white||Motion Switch|
|Luminous Flux||300 lm||530 lm||2000 lm||800 lm|
|Wattage||6 watts||19 watts||20W||6.6 watts||20 watts||60 watts||960 watts|
|Special Features||Dimmable||16 million colors, dimmable||Dimmable||16 million colors, Gaming light||Dimmable||Dimmable||dimmable|
7 Best smart lights under 100
We have tested some of the most reviewed smart home lighting options that are currently available in the market. So, after much consideration we have concluded that these are the best smart lighting solutions for your home:
Philips Hue Go Portable Table Lamp
- The Philips Go works with Alexa. You will be able to use voice commands but you will require the Hue hub and an Alexa smart device.
- The light can be controlled through the Philips Hue app. You can also control the smart light’s settings by using the button at the back of the lamb.
- More features can be added by buying Hue accessories such as the Hue Motion sensor and the Hue Dimmer switch
- It also works with Apple Homekit, Nest, SmartThings. It is one of the best smart lights for Google Home.
The Philips smart light is portable and it has a good amount of color variations. Although portability maybe its top-selling point, it has other features that are pretty interesting as well.
Its brightness level is quite decent. You can change colors and have wireless control of the light. But you will need a Philips Hub for that. Well, even if you don’t have one that shouldn’t be that big of a deal as you can always change the color of the bulb by using the switch which is located at the back of the light.
This light might seem a bit different than other lights as you can only control it by using the Hue Bridge. But, connecting it to the Hue Bridge unlocks a ton of amazing features. These features include voice control, the ability to set timers, making your own custom scenes, being able to set the light at relax-mode.
Philips Hue White & Color Ambiance Outdoor LightStrip
- It is weatherproof so you won’t have to worry about it getting damaged by rainwater.
- The light strip has a coating around it. This coating is what it one of the best smart color light bulbs.
- You can bend the light strip to place it the way you want to.
- It provides 16 million colors to choose from
- It has a welcome home feature, which turns the light on when you reach home.
If you already have hue bulbs than this will make for an incredible addition to your Philips Hue system. This light strip has many pre-defined scenes. Whether you want to relax or read, this smart light has a scene for that.
It can be controlled by using voice commands and it works with Google Assistant, Apple Homekit and Alexa. You can set scenes and change colors to set the mood just by using voice commands. You can also create your own custom light settings for setting the scene for specific activities. For example, you can set an ambient and relaxing color setting when you are having a BBQ with your friends at your backyard.
Philips Hue LightStrip Plus Dimmable LED Kits
- It works with Wink, Nest and Samsung SmartThings
- The light strip can be set to light up in the morning and to turn off when you leave the house.
- There are cut marks included on the strip so that you can cut it to your desired size
- The light strip can be connected to other accessories like the Hue motion sensor and the Hue dimmer switch
This light strip is dimmable and multicolored. You can customize the lights any way you desire by cutting or bending the strip. It can be controlled remotely via voice control. You can connect it to Amazon Alexa or Apple Homepod to do that.
The setup process for this light strip is quite simple. All you have to do is connect it to the Philips Hue app. You can either scan the barcode or enter a serial number in order to do that. You can also add new lights to your system by this method.
A lot of customers complained about not being able to connect the light strip through the app. So, we suggest that you read the instructions before connecting the lights.
Philips Hue Play
- The Hue Play can be connected to Apple Homekit, Amazon Alexa and Google assistant.
- It can also be paired with existing home automation systems such as Nest and SmartThings
- You can connect 3 Hue plays to your power unit at the same time
- There are 16 million colors available.
This light is compact and its versatile features are bound to amaze you. It can be used as a backlight when you are watching TV, or watching a movie in order to set the perfect mode. You can choose from a wide variety of colors. Its ambient light will help you relax.
The Hue Play can be synced with music and games. The light will change according to the music or the gameplay. This gives you an immersive experience like no other. You can set timers to make sure the light turns on in the evening and shuts down when it’s your time to go to bed. You can control it via smart devices or through voice commands.
Floor Lamp, Sky LED Torchiere Smart Light
- When you are using the app you will see a touch switch. You can turn the light on/off by using that touch switch. You can adjust the brightness level (5-100%)
- The smart floor light has a maximum luminous output of 2000LM
- The light has a lifespan of 50,000 hours
- The color is quite stable and it does not emit any blue light
This smart lamp is sturdy and energy-efficient and you are sure to be amazed by its features. It stands on a weighted base and the overall structure is quite strong in order to ensure safety.
This lamp can be controlled via the Tuya smart app. You can turn the light on before entering your house so that you don’t have to wander around the house to find the light switches. It also works with smart systems like the Amazon Alexa and IFTTT. This lets you control the light by using voice commands.
You can dim the light to keep the brightness at a comfortable level. You can also set scenes for special occasions for example, when you are watching a movie.
Philips Hue White 3rd Generation A19
- It can be synced to Alexa, Apple Homekit and Google assistant.
- It can be controlled from your phone or tablet by using the Hue app.
- You can set a timer for the light to turn on at specific times like when you reach home
- You can customize its settings to match the activity you are doing
This dimmable LED bulb can be controlled by using the Hue app. But we believe the voice control is more convenient. You can control the light with voice assistants such as Google Assistant and Alexa. It is one of the best smart night light for Alexa. What we really liked about this bulb is the fact that it can be set in a way that it gradually brightens and dims over a span of time. This is done to resemble sunrise and sunset.
There is a good collection of colors to choose from. The automation options are really nice too. You can set the light to a bright and warm setting and make it light up at the same time your alarm goes off in the morning.
GE 38197 Enbrighten Z-Wave Plus Smart Light
- It can easily integrate with setups that have multiple switches
- You can set custom scenes, schedule your lighting and set alerts
- It works with Nexia, Extender, Wink, SmartThings, etc.
- Works within a range of 32-104 °F
This smart light would be a great option for you if you want to expand your home automation system. The switch is capable of controlling any fixtures whether they are indoors or outdoors (up to a range of 150 feet). The hub even repeats any z-wave signals coming its way.
The installation process is also quite simple. You will be needing an in-wall installation. The connections will also have to be hardwired.
There are three options for motion control. These are manual, vacancy and occupancy. You should choose occupancy if you want the light to be turned on/off automatically. Just change the mode to manual if you want the motion sensor to be deactivated.
We hope the reviews where we have provided information about the best affordable smart lighting under 100, have helped you in deciding which one to buy. If you would like to know which light is our top choice, we would have to say that it is the Philips Hue play. We were blown away by the Hue play’s versatility and compatibility.
But before purchasing your desired one, never forget to consider the important factors described here.