Best Smart Home Lighting Under 100 Dollars Review For 2021
One of the best ways to make your home smarter is to install some smart lights. If you already have a home automation system, then smart lighting will be an amazing addition to that. These lights have tons of features and they can create the appropriate atmosphere for any kind of activity.
If you are wondering whether you can get a great Best Smart home Lighting under 100 dollars, we can assure you that you can.
In this article, we have reviewed some of the best affordable smart home lightings that are packed with amazing features.
Here is a list of things you must consider before buying a smart light:
If you are thinking about buying smart lights, then it is safe to assume that you have some kind of smart home automation system.
So, the first thing you have to make sure of is that the smart light is compatible with your smart home systems. For example, if you are using Amazon Alexa or Apple Homekit.
There are two types of lights you can buy. There are white lights that are kind of simple, inexpensive and have very few features. Then, there are coloured lights that allow you to customize the colours.
- Additional features
Aside from voice control, you will get many interesting features depending on the smart light you choose. These may include scheduling, timer, dimming, welcome home, etc.
You can even remotely control the lighting of your house by using the smart light’s app when you are outside. Some smart lights can track your phone’s GPS and turn it on when you reach home.
7 Best smart lights under 100
We have tested some of the most reviewed smart home lighting options that are currently available in the market. So, after much consideration we have concluded that these are the best smart lighting solutions for your home:
Philips Hue Go Portable Table lamp
Philips Hue Go White and Color Portable Dimmable LED (Bluetooth & Zigbee) Smart Light Table Lamp, White
4 used from $66.99
- Battery Life Optimized for Different Usage: Cozy candle setting lasts 18 hours, Dimmed, ambient light lasts 10 hours, Colored light for creating custom scenes lasts 5 hours, and soft white light for reading lasts 2.5 hours. This light is perfect as a living room light, bedroom light, or kitchen light.
- Millions of Colors: Instantly set the mood for any occasion with 16 million colors of smart light.
- Set the Mood: Easily set the mood with Bluetooth-enabled LED smart bulbs and the easy-to-use Hue Bluetooth app. Control up to 10 smart lights in a room.
- Perfect for Entertainment: bring your movies, gaming, and music to life with Philips Hue color-capable smart lights and accessories that can flash, dim, brighten, and change color in sync with your media.
- Please Note: Hue Hub and other accessories sold separately: Hue Hub (sold separately) required. Accessories include the Philips Hue Play HDMI sync box (sold separately) or the Hue Sync desktop app.
The Philips Go works with Alexa. You will be able to use voice commands but you will require the Hue hub and an Alexa smart device.
The light can be controlled through the Philips Hue app. You can also control the smart light’s settings by using the button at the back of the lamb.
More features can be added by buying Hue accessories such as the Hue Motion sensor and the Hue Dimmer switch
It also works with Apple Homekit, Nest, SmartThings. It is one of the best smart lights for Google Home.
The Philips smart light is portable and it has a good amount of colour variations. Although portability maybe its top-selling point, it has other features that are pretty interesting as well.
Its brightness level is quite decent. You can change colours and have wireless control of the light. But you will need a Philips Hub for that. Well, even if you don’t have one that shouldn’t be that big of a deal as you can always change the colour of the bulb by using the switch which is located at the back of the light.
This light might seem a bit different than other lights as you can only control it by using the Hue Bridge. But, connecting it to the Hue Bridge unlocks a ton of amazing features.
These features include voice control, the ability to set timers, making your custom scenes, being able to set the light at relax-mode.
Philips Hue White & Color Ambiance Outdoor LightStrip
Philips Hue White and Color Ambiance 2-Pack A19 LED Smart Bulb, Bluetooth & Zigbee compatible (Hue Hub Optional), Works with Alexa & Google Assistant – A Certified for Humans Device
- Simple to Get Started; Set the mood with 16 million colors. Control your Philips Hue Smart Lights all with just the touch of a button on your mobile device or your favorite voice assistant. Add up to 10 Hue Bluetooth/Zigbee smart bulbs with the (free) Hue Bluetooth app. When ready to connect a voice assistant, just go to Settings > Add voice assistant in the Hue App.
- Lifetime: 22 years or 25,000 lifetime hours (based on industry average usage), Energy Star Certified
- Previous Hue Customers; This smart light, while Bluetooth compatible, will continue to work with your Hue Hub and can be seamlessly integrated into your current Hue Ecosystem. With the Hue Hub, you can control up to 50 smart lights throughout your home (even outdoor). Create timers and routines to automate your entire smart home lighting setup. Control your lights while away from home or add accessories such as motion sensors and smart switches to further enhance your experience.
- Set the right mood: Style up your home decor with color accents or set up fun light colors for your next party. Support your day with pre-set light recipes, to get you energized in the morning and wind you down after a long day.
- Certified for humans: Struggle-free, tinker-free, stress-free. No patience needed—they’re actually simple.
- It is weatherproof so you won’t have to worry about it getting damaged by rainwater.
- The light strip has a coating around it. This coating is one of the best smart colour light bulbs.
- You can bend the light strip to place it the way you want to.
- It provides 16 million colours to choose from
- It has a welcome home feature, which turns the light on when you reach home.
If you already have hue bulbs then this will make for an incredible addition to your Philips Hue system. This light strip has many pre-defined scenes. Whether you want to relax or read, this smart light has a scene for that.
It can be controlled by using voice commands and it works with Google Assistant, Apple Homekit and Alexa. You can set scenes and change colours to set the mood just by using voice commands.
You can also create your custom light settings for setting the scene for specific activities. For example, you can set an ambient and relaxing colour setting when you are having a BBQ with your friends in your backyard.
Philips Hue LightStrip Plus Dimmable LED Kits
Philips Hue Bluetooth Smart Lightstrip Plus 2m/6ft Base Kit with Plug, (Voice Compatible with Amazon Alexa, Apple Homekit and Google Home)
- COMPATIBILITY: NOTE: These are NOT compatible with the Non-Bluetooth light strip extension. To extend this strip, please use the Bluetooth extension. Expand with any voice or Smart Home assistant. Works with Alexa, Google Assistant, Apple Homekit, Microsoft Cortana, SmartThings, IFTT. Hub required, Alexa device).
- HASSLE-FREE CONNECTIVITY: These smart lightstrips are bluetooth-enabled and simple to connect. Control up to 50 smart lights on 1 Hue Hub without clogging up your Wi-Fi network.
- HOW TO USE: Install the flexible Bluetooth LightStrip under bars, bed frames, or cabinets, with the included adhesive tape. Trim it to the perfect size with the included cut marks. Connect up to 32 feet of extension per base kit.
- BEAUTIFUL, OPTIMAL DESIGN: The coating around the Lightstrip helps to create a single, bright, and vibrant colored light across the entire strip for a more aesthetically pleasing Smart Home.
- ULTIMATE ENTERTAINMENT EXPERIENCE: Sync your hue lightstrip plus with Gaming, Music and Movies using your PC via the Hue Sync app.
- It works with Wink, Nest and Samsung SmartThings
- The light strip can be set to light up in the morning and to turn off when you leave the house.
- There are cut marks included on the strip so that you can cut it to your desired size
- The light strip can be connected to other accessories like the Hue motion sensor and the Hue dimmer switch
This light strip is dimmable and multicoloured. You can customize the lights any way you desire by cutting or bending the strip. It can be controlled remotely via voice control. You can connect it to Amazon Alexa or Apple Homepod to do that.
The setup process for this light strip is quite simple. All you have to do is connect it to the Philips Hue app. You can either scan the barcode or enter a serial number to do that. You can also add new lights to your system by this method.
A lot of customers complained about not being able to connect the light strip through the app. So, we suggest that you read the instructions before connecting the lights.
Philips Hue Play
Philips Hue Play White & Color Smart Light, 2 Pack Base kit, Hub Required/Power Supply Included (Works with Amazon Alexa, Apple Homekit & Google Home)
10 used from $99.93
- Includes Power Supply: Connect up to 3 Hue Plays on 1 Power Supply unit; Requires the Hue Hub (sold separately, Model 458471); Search 'Philips Hue Hub' or 'B016H0QZ7I' to find this product on Amazon
- Voice Activated: The Philips Hue White & Color Ambiance Bar Light can be controlled using Your Voice when you have Amazon Alexa, Apple HomeKit, or Google Assistant Enabled (Philips Hue Hub and Smart Home Device required and sold separately); Philips Hue Smart lights can also be paired for Home automation with Your existing Nest products or Samsung SmartThings system
- Limitless Posibilities: Enhance Your Smart Home with the Philips Hue Play; The Design is aesthetically pleasing and will adapt well with any living room setup; Let you Smart light stand on Your cabinet to create a pleasant ambiance, mount it on the back of your TV or even lay it flat on the floor to brighten your walls From floor to ceiling
- Ultimate TV Lighting Experience : Create the most beautiful backlight for your television; Just mount Philips Hue Play behind your screen using the clips and double sided Tape Included in the Pack, and Enhance Your viewing Experience with Splashes of light surrounding Your television
- Easy Installation : Connect Not only 1, but up to 3 Hue Plays to the same Power Supply unit, leaving enough room for other devices; With each additional Hue Play, Your Smart Lighting Experience becomes even more immersive; This base kit Includes 1 Power Supply
- The Hue Play can be connected to Apple Homekit, Amazon Alexa and Google assistant.
- It can also be paired with existing home automation systems such as Nest and SmartThings
- You can connect 3 Hue plays to your power unit at the same time
- There are 16 million colours available.
This light is compact and its versatile features are bound to amaze you. It can be used as a backlight when you are watching TV, or watching a movie to set the perfect mode. You can choose from a wide variety of colours. Its ambient light will help you relax.
The Hue Play can be synced with music and games. The light will change according to the music or the gameplay. This gives you an immersive experience like no other.
You can set timers to make sure the light turns on in the evening and shuts down when it’s your time to go to bed. You can control it via smart devices or through voice commands.
Floor Lamp, Sky LED Torchiere Smart Light
Floor Lamp, Torchiere Floor Lamp, 20W/2000LM Super Bright LED Floor Lamp, 3000K Daylight, Stepless Dimmable Floor Lamp, Touch Control, Metal Body, Standing Lamps for Living Room, Bedroom, Office, Work
$59.99 in stock
5 used from $42.04
- Eco-Friendly LED Beads; BoostArea is dedicated to making energy-efficient and long lifespan LED floor lamp. This standing lamp has 20W Built-in LED beads, which can emit 2000LM brightness and 3000K natural light color. The lifespan is 10 times longer than traditional bulb(over 50,000hrs), saving your time for replacing bulbs as well as electricity bill expense; Moreover, this energy-saving floor light has better safety performance, no need to worry about the short-circuiting issue
- Step-less Dimming and Touch Control; Turning on/off can be achieved only by a simple touch on the floor lamp; Long press for 5 seconds to brighten or dim among 5%-100%; You can find the perfect light for any scenario, such as having dinner with family in living rooms, reading book with your child in bedrooms, working in offices; Moreover, the bright and dimmable floor lamp is designed to remember the last setting after turn off the light, no need to set the light again
- Adjustable 90°Tilt and Perfect Height; The plate of the standing lamp can be tilted 90°; Adjusting angles to illuminate different corners in your home for various needs; The height of the torchiere floor lamp is 70.8 inches(180cm), which is relatively higher compared with traditional design; When you lying on the couch or bed for relaxing, the bright floor lamp will not directly shine to your eyes, more friendly on your eyes
- Metal Body and Safe base; The whole standing lamp is made of metal body, the modern floor lamp plate is made of acrylic; Comparing with traditional design, it performs better in light transmission, even if the lamp plate points upside, the space right under the lamp plate can be also illuminated through the acrylic piece; The torchiere floor lamp base is stable, not easy to tilt and safe for children and pet; Besides, the lamp base can slide into under sofa, saving more place
- Easy Assembly; The dimmable floor lamp assembly is very simple; It does not use any tools, only need to be assembled by hand; You just screw all the parts of the torchiere floor lamp pole together; The manual book also has a very clear picture tutorial; and the installation video is attached in the product information page which you can follow
- When you are using the app, you will see a touch switch. You can turn the light on/off by using that touch switch. You can adjust the brightness level (5-100%)
- The smart floor light has a maximum luminous output of 2000LM
- The light has a lifespan of 50,000 hours
- The colour is quite stable and it does not emit any blue light
This smart lamp is sturdy and energy-efficient and you are sure to be amazed by its features. It stands on a weighted base and the overall structure is quite strong to ensure safety.
This lamp can be controlled via the Tuya smart app. You can turn the light on before entering your house so that you don’t have to wander around the house to find the light switches. It also works with smart systems like Amazon Alexa and IFTTT. This lets you control the light by using voice commands.
You can dim the light to keep the brightness at a comfortable level. You can also set scenes for special occasions for example, when you are watching a movie.
Philips Hue White 3rd Generation A19
Philips Hue White A19 60W Equivalent Single LED Light Bulb, Works with Alexa, Apple HomeKit and Google Assistant, (All US Residents)
- California Sku
- Works with Amazon Alexa to support dimming through voice control
- Philips Hue can make it seem like you're home when you're not, using the schedule function in the Philips Hue app; Set the lights to come on at a pre set time, so the lights are on when you arrive home; You can even set rooms to light up at different times; And of course, you can let the lights turn off gradually in the night, so you never have to worry whether you've left any lights on
- Philips 455295 Hue White A19 Single LED Bulb, Works with Amazon Alexa (Hue Bridge Required)
- It can be synced to Alexa, Apple HomeKit and Google assistant.
- It can be controlled from your phone or tablet by using the Hue app.
- You can set a timer for the light to turn on at specific times like when you reach home
- You can customize its settings to match the activity you are doing
This dimmable LED bulb can be controlled by using the Hue app. But we believe voice control is more convenient. You can control the light with voice assistants such as Google Assistant and Alexa.
It is one of the best smart night lights for Alexa. What we liked about this bulb is the fact that it can be set in a way that gradually brightens and dims over some time. This is done to resemble sunrise and sunset.
There is a good collection of colours to choose from. The automation options are nice too. You can set the light to a bright and warm setting and make it light up at the same time your alarm goes off in the morning.
GE 38197 Enbrighten Z-Wave Plus Smart Light
GE 14291 Enbrighten Z-Wave Plus Smart Light Switch, Works with Alexa, Google Assistant, SmartThings, Zwave Hub Required, Repeater/Range Extender, 3-Way Ready 1st Gen, White & Light Almond
1 used from $63.99
- VOICE CONTROL – ALEXA & GOOGLE ASSISTANT COMPATIBLE (requires a Z-Wave certified hub). Works with the following Z-Wave certified hubs: SmartThings, Ring Alarm, Wink, ADT Pulse, ADT Command, Trane, Vivint, Nexia, Honeywell, Home Seer, Harmony Home Hub Extender, Vera and more.
- HASSLE-FREE OPERATION – Control the device remotely with your smartphone and voice commands when connected to a compatible hub or enjoy manual ON/OFF operation from the switch. Home automation is simple through custom scenes, versatile scheduling and convenient alerts.
- 3-WAY READY – The smart device operates perfectly on its own or seamlessly integrates into multi-switch setups with required add-on switches – models 12723, 12728, 46199 or 46200. Up to four add-on switches can be connected to the same device.
- FULL-HOME COVERAGE – Z-Wave Plus works with all previous Z-Wave generations to allow continued expansion of your home-automation network. The switch is capable of controlling indoor or outdoor fixtures for whole-home automation and repeats your Z-Wave signal from your hub or other devices to extend your range by up to 150ft. Extended signal range increases your home automation coverage to enhance your control.
- EASY INSTALLATION – Requires indoor in-wall installation with hardwired connections. NEUTRAL WIRE REQUIRED. Includes white and light almond paddles (wall plate not included). Works with all LED, CFL, incandescent and halogen bulbs as well as other devices. Operating temperature range 32-104 degrees Fahrenheit.
- It can easily integrate with setups that have multiple switches
- You can set custom scenes, schedule your lighting and set alerts
- It works with Nexia, Extender, Wink, SmartThings, etc.
- Works within a range of 32-104 °F
This smart light would be a great option for you if you want to expand your home automation system. The switch is capable of controlling any fixtures whether they are indoors or outdoors (up to a range of 150 feet). The hub even repeats any z-wave signals coming it’s way.
The installation process is also quite simple. You will be needing an in-wall installation. The connections will also have to be hardwired.
There are three options for motion control. These are manual, vacancy and occupancy. You should choose occupancy if you want the light to be turned on/off automatically. Just change the mode to manual if you want the motion sensor to be deactivated.
We hope the reviews where we have provided information about the best affordable smart lighting under 100, have helped you in deciding which one to buy.
If you would like to know which light is our top choice, we would have to say that it is the Philips Hue play. We were blown away by the Hue play’s versatility and compatibility.
But before purchasing your desired one, never forget to consider the important factors described here.