The Best ten Smart Home Cameras review for 2021
As they say, security first. When choosing a smart home security camera, you cannot afford to select a hit or miss product. With such a wide variety of options available in the market, separating the good smart devices from the bad ones become difficult for everyday users.
But we cannot afford to have bad quality smart cameras to run the security for us. That is why we have decided to embark on this journey to find the best smart home cameras out there.
Now, before we pick out the best smart cameras in the market, we need to decide what sets them apart from the rest of the product in the market. Many non-tech-savvy people select smart products only based on their budget and the product’s price.
But many similar products are available in the same price range. And not all of them deliver the same quality of performance.
Top 10 Best Smart Home Cameras: Our Picks and Recommendations
Things to Consider Before Buying Smart Home Cameras.
Here are the qualities we looked for while selecting the best smart home cameras.
- Power and Connection
How the camera connects to the internet and gets the power to run is a major feature to look into while buying your smart camera. You do not want to have a huge clunk of wire messing up the aesthetic of your home to set up one camera. There are a lot of reliable battery-powered cameras in the market right now. Cameras powered by solar and even ethernet cable are also available.
- Video Options
Smart home cameras give you a constant live stream of the camera’s field of vision as long as it is connected to the internet. You can check this live feed on your smart devices from anywhere. There are a few cameras that only record video when it senses moving, or there is a motion in the camera’s field of view.
Video quality should also be considered, and remember that a very high-quality video is not always a good thing. Because a very high-speed internet connection is required to stream high-quality videos.
- The App
The app of the smart camera will decide how much you can accomplish with the camera. So, when selecting a smart camera, we need to check if it is user-friendly. We also need to check the features that the app provides, like live feed, timeline, motion sensor, heat sensor, night vision, etc.
Top Ten Smart Home Camera Reviews
Best 1 of 10
Best overall Smart Camera
Wyze Cam Wireless Smart Home Camera
Wyze Smart Home Camera 1080p HD Wi-Fi Audio Recording,Built-in Speaker White
1 used from $69.00
- It has a two-way audio feature.
- Wyze provides free cloud storage.
- Records video when motion or sound is sensed.
- It has a night vision.
- It can be controlled using voice assistants.
Wyze features two-way audio so that you can talk and converse with the person in front of the camera. You can set this up in front of your door and use it for both security and this purpose, as well. The Wyze app interference allows you to do all this seamlessly.
Wyze provides free cloud storage for motion sensor video and sound recording. For example, when the motion sensor senses movement in front of the camera, it will automatically record a 12-second video and save it in cloud storage. It records a video when it detects sound as well.
It has a night vision feature that allows you to check the surveillance clearly even at night. It has four infrared LEDs; however, keep in mind that they do not work through glass.
Last but not least, it is a smart camera and can be controlled using your voice. The Wyze camera supports Alexa and Google Assistant. You can use voice assistants to bring up the live feeds from multiple cameras in your home on your smart TV.
Best 2 of 10
Best Doorbell Budget Smart Camera
Ring Video Doorbell 2 Smart Home Camera
Introducing Ring Video Doorbell Wired – Convenient, essential features in a compact design, pair with Ring Chime to hear audio alerts in your home (existing doorbell wiring required) - 2021 release
- 1080p HD wired video doorbell with two-way talk, advanced motion detection, standard 2.4 GHz connectivity and customizable privacy settings
- Get real-time notifications sent straight to your phone. To hear audio notifications in your home, pair with a Ring Chime, compatible Alexa device, or select the Video Doorbell Wired + Chime bundle. Note: the doorbell will not sound your existing chime.
- Advanced motion detection helps you know when someone’s at your front door before they ring your doorbell
- Night vision with sharp contrast ensures you’ll never miss a detail – even in the dark
- Hardwire Video Doorbell Wired using your existing doorbell wiring and the included tool kit for around-the-clock power and peace of mind
- Connects with your Alexa device.
- It enables communication with the visitor through Alexa devices.
- Features two-way audio.
- It has rechargeable batteries.
- Lifetime theft protection by Amazon.
The Ring Video Doorbell 2 has every feature of a smart home camera with the added benefit of being a doorbell. You can add it by your front door like any normal doorbell and use it to monitor your front yard as well.
After you connect the Ring doorbell to an Alexa device, you can enable the announcements option, and you will be alerted whenever the doorbell is pressed. There is an option that gives you notifications when motion is detected in front of the doorbell.
Like other Ring cameras, the Ring Video Doorbell 2 also allows you to see and converse with visitors thanks to the two-way audio feature. You can ask Alexa to bring up the feed from the camera in the doorbell to your smartphone or smart TV. You can converse through Alexa devices like the Echo as well.
The doorbell is powered by a battery pack that is rechargeable. If you have doorbell wires beside your front door, you can use them to charge the doorbell as well.
Amazon promises to replace the doorbell if it gets stolen.
Best 3 of 10
Best Doorbell Smart Camera
Ring Video Doorbell Pro Smart Home Camera
Ring Video Doorbell Pro – Upgraded, with added security features and a sleek design (existing doorbell wiring required)
- Upgraded, 1080p HD wired video doorbell with Two-Way Talk and Quick Replies, Advanced Motion Detection, built-in Alexa Greetings (an exclusive Ring Protect Plan subscription feature), enhanced dual-band wifi, and customizable privacy settings
- Get motion-activated alerts on your phone, tablet or PC and check in at home anytime with Live View all in the Ring app
- Speak to visitors when you can’t get to the door with built-in Alexa Greetings, an exclusive Ring Protect Plan subscription feature
- Enjoy a more reliable connection with dual-band (2.4 or 5.0 GHz) wifi connectivity
- Hardwire Video Doorbell Pro to your existing doorbell wiring and doorbell chime inside using the included tool kit for around-the-clock power and peace of mind
- You can watch the live feed from the camera from anywhere.
- Alerts you when it senses motion.
- Lets you converse with visitors.
- Has night vision.
The Ring Video Doorbell Pro is an upgraded version of Ring Video Doorbell 2. It does everything the Ring Video Doorbell 2 does and does them better.
The Ring Video Doorbell Pro can also be connected to your Alexa devices. You can use all the commands from the previous version and some more as well. You can receive alerts when the motion sensor in the doorbell senses someone around.
The Pro has the added benefit of the Live View and on-demand video surveillance of your home from anywhere you want. You need to connect the doorbell to your Wi-Fi with a minimum upload speed of 1 MB/s.
This version of the Ring Doorbell, however, is not battery powered. You need to install it with your doorbell wires and connect to the Wi-Fi as well.
Best 4 of 10
Best Weather Resistant Smart Camera
Arlo (VMS3130) Smart Home Camera
Arlo - Wireless Home Security Camera System | Night vision, Indoor/Outdoor, HD Video, Wall Mount | Includes Cloud Storage & Required Base Station | 1-Camera System (VMS3130)
9 used from $89.00
- Works with Alexa for voice control (Alexa device sold separately); Audio not supported
- Patented 100 percent Wire Free design for easy placement anywhere and field of view 110 degree
- Night vision cameras work even in the dark
- Motion activated cameras and real time email or app notifications
- Records and alerts only when motion is detected so no battery power ever goes wasted Battery:Four Lithium CR123 Photo
- It can be used with voice assistants.
- It is weather-resistant and can be set up outdoors.
- Has motion sensors for alerts.
- The camera records video when motion is detected.
- Arlo has a resourceful app.
Arlo brings a competitive smart home device to the market with its VMS3130 Smart Home Camera. It has all the features of the competitive products in the market and an affordable price tag as well.
It works with Alexa to let you control the camera with your voice. It has motion sensors that can notify you if it senses something. You can use the app to view live video from the camera from your home or even when you are away.
It has night vision so that you can see the camera’s feed clearly even in the dark. You can use the app to let the camera focus on specific areas and also contact the emergency hotline if needed.
The Arlo VMS3130 is weather resistant. It can operate perfectly in temperatures of -10 degrees Celsius to 50 degrees Celsius.
Best 5 of 10
Best Communicative Smart Camera
Google Nest NC1104US Security Smart Home Camera
Google Nest Cam Indoor - Wired Indoor Camera for Home Security - Control with Your Phone and Get Mobile Alerts - Surveillance Camera with 24/7 Live Video and Night Vision
2 used from $128.89
- 24/7 live stream video in full 1080p HD over Wi-Fi. Check in from anywhere at anytime. Send clips to family or friends in 1920x1080 resolution.
- Night vision featuring 8 high-power infrared LEDs provide light for clear video in the darkest conditions.
- Mobile alerts and notifications let you know as soon as your camera spots activity. Take action or save the event for sharing later. 3-hour snapshot history makes sure you don't miss a thing.
- Industry-leading security means that your video feed and information is well protected. Enable two-factor authentication and take your account protection to the next level.
- Free trial of Nest Aware for 30-days. Experience 10-day video history intelligent alerts and activity zones. Keep the service starting at $6 per month for your Nest devices after the trial ends.
- It has a built-in speaker and mic.
- You can set it up anywhere you want.
- It can be connected to a tripod as well.
- Nest can communicate with other smart devices.
The Google Nest is an aesthetic camera that has outstanding features to complement its looks. It is compact and slim, which allows it to be set up almost anywhere you want.
It can be set up at any straight surfaces horizontally, vertically, or diagonally. Google promises to never keep you in the dark with this new smart home camera.
The Nest lets you see and also hear whatever is happening inside your home. It has a built-in mic and speaker that allows you to converse with anyone in front of the camera. So, if you are away from home and a babysitter in your home, you can converse with them seamlessly.
Google Nest allows you to control other devices with the Camera. It can communicate with Nest devices as well as other devices, as well. For example, you can connect your smart lights to the Nest Smart Camera. Nest will turn on the lights automatically when it detects a threat.
Best 6 of 10
Best Cloud Smart Camera
Amazon Cloud Cam Security Smart Home Camera
Amazon Cloud Cam Security Camera, Works with Alexa
- Stay connected 24/7 - Catch activities as they happen in 1080p Full HD. Watch, download, and share the last 24 hours of motion alert video clips for free.
- Notifications – Get notified when Cloud Cam sees activity. Check in anytime or watch motion clips on the Cloud Cam mobile app.
- See clearly in the dark - Night vision lets you detect what’s happening around the clock. Turn on/off night vision LEDs in the Cloud Cam App.
- Two-way audio - Check in with the family or tell your dog to stop barking.
- 30-day free trial of Cloud Cam Plans – Get Smart Alerts and advanced features like person and audio detection, Zones, and see up to 30 days of video history.
- It has motion sensors.
- It comes with free cloud storage.
- Lets you playback motion alert videos.
- You can customize alert zones and more with Cloud Cam subscriptions.
- It has a night vision mode.
The Amazon Cloud Cam, just as the name suggests, comes with cloud storage that saves footages. Any time the camera senses motion, video clips are automatically saved on the cloud. You can re-watch and download the saved clips of the last 24 hours for free. There are Cloud Cam plans that will offer you greater versatility. Amazon Cloud Cam is our best budget IP camera.
The Amazon Cloud Cam also gives you notifications whenever it sees something on the scene. You can watch the playback of the scene on the Cloud Cam mobile app. Thanks to the night vision feature of the camera, you are protected even at night times.
With the two-way audio feature, you can converse with people in front of the camera from wherever you want. The camera works with Alexa and is compatible with Echo and Fire devices. You can ask Alexa to display the Cloud Cam’s live feed on compatible devices.
Best 7 of 10
Best Portable Smart Camera
Blink XT Home Security (1st gen) Smart Home Camera
Blink XT Home Security Camera System - Add-on Camera for existing Blink customers - 1st Gen
- ADD-ON BLINK XT CAMERA FOR EXISTING SYSTEMS (Does not include required Blink Sync Module - only works with an existing system).
- WEATHERPROOF FOR OUTDOOR OR INDOOR USE: Place and move your wireless Blink camera anywhere around your home both inside and out. Start off with a small system and expand to up to 10 cameras on one Blink Sync Module.
- BATTERY POWERED SECURITY SYSTEM: Wireless home camera with 2-year battery life, powered by 2 Lithium AA 1.5v non-rechargeable Lithium batteries (included), data is sent from IP cameras over Wi-Fi.
- SMART HOME CAMERA SECURITY SYSTEM WITH HD VIDEO: Simple self-install home monitoring in minutes. Easy to control wireless cameras with the free iOS & Android apps or through Alexa-enabled devices such as an Echo.
- FREE CLOUD STORAGE: No monthly fees or service contract required. Requires iOS 10.3 or Android 5 Lollipop or higher.
- Let’s place the camera anywhere you want.
- It is totally wireless and battery-powered.
- Works with Alexa devices.
- It is weather resistant.
- Blink provides free cloud storage.
The best thing about the Blink XT 1st generation is that it is wireless and portable. Blink security cameras are known for their portability. Its portability allows you to move the camera wherever you want around your home. It connects to your Wi-Fi and is powered by two rechargeable Lithium AA batteries.
It has a special motion detector feature built-in the camera. When the motion sensor detects something, it sends an alert notification to your phone and also records a video of the scene.
The recording is saved on the cloud storage provided with the camera. The cloud storage is totally free and does not have a subscription fee.
The Blink XT can be controlled using your smartphone. It supports Alexa devices such as the Echo and enables you to use voice assistants to control the camera. You can bring up the live feed from the camera to your smartphone using the Blink app.
The camera is weatherproof, so you can set it up outside your home without having to worry.
Best 8 of 10
Best Indoor Smart Camera
Nest Security (3-pack) Indoor Smart Home Camera
Google Nest Cam Indoor 3 Pack - Wired Indoor Camera for Home Security - Control with Your Phone and Get Mobile Alerts - Surveillance Camera with 24/7 Live Video and Night Vision
4 used from $369.89
- Indoor WiFi camera 3 pack for home security with 24/7 live video and night vision for clear video, no matter how dark it is
- High definition 1080p surveillance camera with 130 degree wide angle view, 1920 x 1080 HD resolution, and 8x zoom
- Mobile alerts and notifications let you know when your indoor camera spots activity1; See what you missed with 3 hour snapshot history and take action or save the event to share with friends and family2
- Google Nest uses industry leading security to protect your video feed and information; enable two factor authentication to take your account protection to the next level
- Free trial of Nest Aware for 30 days; experience 10 day video history, intelligent alerts, and Activity Zones3
- The cameras have great aesthetics and look good.
- They are small enough to fit in the tightest of corners.
- The quality of the cameras is something to admire.
- The Nest app is user-friendly and has a lot of features.
- Night vision lets you sleep peacefully.
The Nest (3-pack) indoor smart home camera is the best deal you will get for three cameras at a time. The competitive price and affordability of Nest are always admired by the customers. And do not worry, the features of the camera are great as well.
It provides a full HD surveillance of your home, although the high quality requires a good internet connection with high speed. The high-quality video surveillance allows you to identify faces clearly, which will help in case of break-ins.
The night vision mode allows the camera to be alert even at night when the lights are off. You can sleep peacefully knowing that the cameras will be awake and alert you if they detect any mishaps. This is our best indoor home security cameras.
Finally, the Nest indoor cameras are very small and easy to install. You will be able to place it anywhere you want, and it will look great. These can act as hidden home security cameras.
Best 9 of 10
Best Smart Camera with Siren
Arlo Pro (VMS4230) Smart Home Camera with Siren
Arlo VMS4230P-100NAS Pro 2 - Wireless Home Security Camera System with Siren, Rechargeable, Night Vision, Indoor/Outdoor, 1080p, 2-Way Audio, Wall Mount, Cloud Storage Included, 2 Camera Kit
$330.88 in stock
11 used from $224.99
- 100 percent wire free: Free of power cords and wiring hassles
- 1080p HD high quality video with sharper and brighter details
- Flexible powering options use wire free, plugged in. Rechargeable battery
- Weatherproof Pro cameras are weatherproof so you can place them anywhere indoors and out
- 7 days of free cloud recordings pro comes with recurring 7 days free cloud recordings. Live stream or view recorded video and audio for up to 7 days
- It is 100% wire-free.
- The siren alerts you of any incoming danger.
- The sound triggered video recording.
- It features 2-way audio, as well.
- It has a night vision feature.
Arlo is providing its customers with a camera with siren included to maximize security. A camera alone can only let you see that someone is trespassing on your property. The Arlo Pro with Siren alerts you that there is an intruder so that you can take the necessary measures.
As the saying goes, ‘Prevention is better than the cure.’ With totally wireless and battery-run Arlo pro, you can prevent any burglary and break-ins. The siren will scare away intruders as well as alert you.
The Arlo CCTV pro cameras are 100% wire-free and connect to your Wi-Fi. Arlo provides free cloud storage to users of their cameras. The night vision and the cloud storage ensure you miss nothing that the camera sees.
Best 10 of 10
Best Wireless Smart Camera
Eufy Security Cam E Wireless Smart Home Camera System
Wireless Home Security Camera System, eufy Security, eufyCam E 365-Day Battery Life, 1080p HD, IP65 Weatherproof, Night Vision, Compatible with Amazon Alexa, 3-Cam Kit, No Monthly Fee
- 365-Day battery life: The 100% wire-free and IP65 weatherproof-rated camera is designed to run for 365 days (Or 3 years in standby mode) per charge, indoors and out. eufyCam E (Region a) does not have human detection and facial recognition features.
- Full HD surveillance: 1080P resolution, combined with our exceptional night vision technology, ensures video is recorded with crystal-clear quality Both day and night.
- No monthly fees: eufyCam E doesn’t require any monthly fees to use, and comes with a 16GB microSD card that stores up to one-year’s worth of recordings. (Single-camera system recording up to ten 30-second long videos per day)
- Easy installation: 3 easy ways to install: 1) screw onto the outdoor mount, 2) stick onto the magnetic mount, 3) stick on metallic surfaces
- What’s included: 3x eufyCam E, home base station (Region a), 3x magnetic indoor mount, 3x secure outdoor mount, 16GB microSD card (inserted in home base), Ethernet cable, Micro USB charging cable, AC power Adapter, Warning sticker, owner's manual, happy Card
- The batteries on the cameras last up to one year.
- The anti-theft alarm is built-in the cameras.
- The cameras work in extreme weather conditions.
- The EufySecurity app is very user-friendly.
- Works with Amazon Alexa and compatible devices.
Eufy is best known for its unrivaled battery life of their wireless cameras. The cameras come in a package with a home base station, indoor and outdoor mounts. They are really easy to set up and get running. Eufy Security Cam E is the best outdoor security camera system.
Eufy cameras have no monthly subscription fees. The cameras can save up to ten 30 seconds of video each day for a whole year before they run out of space. The footage can be viewed by withdrawing them from the base station. Eufy is our best security camera without a subscription.
The EufySecurity app lets you view the high-quality stream of the live feed from the camera. It works with Alexa and Alexa devices to let you view and control the cameras with ease.
The cameras are weatherproof and work fine, even in extreme weather. It can resist temperatures of -20 degrees Celsius to 50 degrees Celsius.
Best smart door locks under $300 dollars
Best 5 smart security camera under $200 dollars
TP-Link AC1750 Smart Wi-Fi Router
Best smart lighting under $200 Dollars
This guide of the top ten smart home cameras is meant to help you avoid all the numerous choices in the market. As we mentioned before, not all cameras deliver what they promise.
After testing numerous numbers of smart home cameras, the ones in this list stood out. We can say with confidence that they are the best smart home cameras in the market.